August 2026 Blog
August was a productive month.
First weekend, I did 14K LSD at Ayala. It was soo tiring maygahd but I love how running makes me feel so alive despite me literally fighting for my life every fucking time.
Also had my first Pilates session in the afternoon. We had a group session with Gail and Isay. This was like a cool-down from all the running I did that morning. I actually loved it and am looking forward to the following sessions. Is this the start of my Pilates girlie era??? lolol I don't think I'm demure and "soft girl" enough for this.
We ate at Rangoon Ruby, a Burmese restau - which was a first time for me! I honestly forgot everything that we got, but it was good.
Next weekend was the Mamamoo concert!!! Probably one of the highlights of my 2026. What an unforgettable experience.
CLICK HERE IF YOU WANNA READ THE WHOLE THING!
I love when Kpop artists do live performances and are actually good at them. I mean I've been a fan for a decade. I know they can sing live all right but it's totally different when you hear it live. I can go on and on but ths group is so talented and unserious and I love them for it.
Also, Rey got me so many pasalubong from her recent Taiwan trip!
The next day, I met up with Dani - remember him from Laufey's concert??
While waiting for him I decided to try Ladurée, a Parisian-inspired cafe in BGC. The interior is so cute and girl. I love it sm! But since I wasn't staying that long, I just got their Matcha Latte. It has noticeable umami but isn't overly strong but I like it.
This time we roamed around BGC and believe it or not, that was my first time at Din Tai Fung and eating the famous XLB. This place was always crowded, so I just avoided it, and tbh, xlb tastes okay. I think it's just overhyped.
Then we also had some drinks at Harland & Holden. He got a coffee and he got me a cookie!
We also dropped by PopMart in Sm Aura.
On the weekend, we flew to Bacolod!! My first time in the city, another one ticked off my bucket list. We visited Lakawon Island too.
We also roamed around some of their famous attractions.
CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE BACOLOD BLOG!
The next day after I got back, I met up with the ladies for some lunch and a cafe.
I had this Fish Fillet w/ Pesto Sauce at Olive Garden and Matcha and Black Sesame Croissant and Matcha Latte from Key Coffee. All were good hehe good food makes me so happy talaga!
The weekend came, and you know the drill! Ayala Car-Free Sunday!
Also went on a solo run a few days after in BGC and got to try the Matcha w/ Coconut Milk at SB. It was alright ig
I went on a sister date on the last weekend of August. We dined at Buffalo Wings n Things coz we've both been craving some wings. Also got to try Sonja's red velvet cupcake hehe
Had a fun sleepover at Yssa's place too! We spent the night watching 2 horror films (The Obsession & Strange Frequncies). Been a while since I've seen scary movies and I'm happy to report I still am a fucking loser lol I think I died 10x that night jst for the sound effects alone.
We went on a run the next morning and had breakfast.
I have been craving this cookie & vanilla ice cream combo so I asked my bestie to make some cookies for me and we happened to get Jolibee too so I ordered a sundae! It was HEAVENNN!!
For our Netflix Department
I've watched "The Last 10 Years" a sad jap film about finding forever in a love that was never meant to last. I CRIED WATCHING THIS! Aside from horror, Japan really knows how to make heartbreaking romances.
Second one was "The Idaho Murders: College Nightmare" a true crime documentary about the tragedy of 4 university students. This case is terrifying, especially knowing it actually happened.
3rd was another true crime documentary called "Death of the Pastor's Wife". This one made me believe that not everyone who works in church is a good person. Take this guy for example!!
Top Songs From This Month
1.) Goodbye Henry - RAYE (I love how she breaks the fourth wall right from the start. We don’t get songs like this very often. Also, this is such a great song, Raye never disappoints!))
3.) Great Expectations - Sienna Spiro (another crashout banger!)
4.) I Wonder - Madison Beer (I hope I get to this point where everything feels right and I don't have to wonder why)
5.) Love Flew Away - Laufey & Adam Melchor (recently discovered this song and it made me feel a sad)
August might be a busy month, but it was also the month of acceptance and letting go. At least for me. It wasn't easy going through something emotionally devastating while trying to live a happy life. On the flip side, training and running became an outlet so that helped a little. I think.....
so that's all for August.
and it's a bit overdue but oh well
Grasya

.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)


Comments
Post a Comment