Musyon CoWorking Space in Boracay








 To everyone who works remotely, we all know just how important stable internet and quiet and peaceful working space are. When I brought my laptop to work in Boracay, I was a little hesitant and nervous at the same time. I was currently training an offshore colleague for work so I needed a quiet space/room and I desperately hoped the reception in my hotel was strong enough to hold a virtual meeting for hours. It was alright but it would fluctuate from time to time and I didn't want it to interrupt my work.

Of course, I came prepared I brought my own router for situations like this, and it was working well tbh but the second issue I had was my nephew's nonstop yapping lol 

That's when I decided to look for a co-working space around the area and I found two

1.) Mahogany Lounge at The Strand Boutique Resort

2.) Musyon Co-Working Space


I first reached out to Mahogany Lounge and they were easy to talk to. The space rental was also cheaper at Php300. However, when I checked their page and saw the lounge which seemed only like a balcony of a big nipa hut, I had some second thoughts. Coz I would be up all night outside with just nothing but trees and darkness. I wasn't sure of course if it was really the co-working space they offered but it was also a bit far from the hotel I was staying so I went with the second option. 

Second was Musyon Co-Working Space. This one was voted top-rated, they have quiet rooms for meetings, an unlimited supply of water and coffee, and of course a stable Wifi. A bit pricey for Php700 but not bad. Above all, it was like a 15-minute walk from our hotel so I contacted them right away.


Packed my stuff and put my faith in Google Maps!


I got a little lost when I was near the area because none of the people I asked knew what was Musyon whatsoever. Little did I know, it was the tiny cafe to my left lol 

So I went in and no one was there, not even the staff at the reception. 

see? no one.

I contacted the person I spoke to when I booked and he made me aware that the staff in charge won't be there the whole time, and would just check on me in between. It was weird but I was okay with it. 

So I was basically alone!!! I honestly liked it because I had multiple trainings I needed to conduct so it worked in my favor. 


However, though, the restroom was located in the lobby of the apartment next door and the walk there was fucking creepy. It was dark and I had to go outside of the streets and, leave all my stuff back at the co-working space Even the inside of the the restroom was scary. I felt like I was being watched or something would jump out at me out of nowhere. There was no one at the reception, the lights were off and it looked a bit run down tbh. As a small girl with a small bladder, this was a nightmare!


But the staff who would check up on me was nice. He would make sure I was safe and taken care of before he left again lol


I loved the whole place, it has everything a freelance worker could ask for. They offer extra monitors, mouse, laptops, etc. for additional charge of course. 

little miss stress sa training

I think the meetings kept me preoccupied and distracted from being scared and alone. 

When morning came and realized my time at the co-working space was up, I packed my stuff and decided to do the rest of the workload back at the hotel. 


Pulled up my Google Maps and off I went!

Selfie while walking and because no one was looking!

Passed by a Jonah's branch!


before I knew it, I arrived back at the hotel. 

The overall experience turned out better than I thought. It was only scary because it was my first time traveling somewhere with my laptop. I'm so used to working at home or some other place but not as far as this. I guess I have yet to maximize the perks of working remotely but honestly, with all my heart, I'm so grateful to be able to do this. 


Thank you, Universe!



xoxo
Grasya







  



Comments

Popular Posts