The Tortured Poets Department TOP PICKS!

 Hi everyone, today we will talk about my top faves from Tay's newest album, It's been a month since it was released and I was able to choose my top picks after some thorough listening - if this is a term lol



On my first run, the one that struck me the most was "Down Bad". I like the beat, it wasn't something you'd have to listen to a couple of times to love it. Also the lines, "Now I'm down bad crying a the gym" and "Fuck it if I can't have him" slaps!!!

The one I found a bit odd at first was "But Daddy I Love Him" because she was so unserious putting "I'm having his baby, no I'm not but you should see your faces" lol

The one that shook me the most was "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me", it was bold, and fearless and just goes to show how Taylor matured being in the music industry for so long. 

The one that I could relate the most was, "I Can Do It With A Broken Heart", "I cry a lot but I'm so productive, it's an art" That line alone won my heart!

The saddest one was "loml". Because the lyrics changed from "you're the love of my life" to "you're the loss of my life" and if that doesn't make you sad then idk what is. 

To sum it all up, these are the ones who struck me on my first run

1.) Down Bad

2.) Fresh Out The Slammer

3.) The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

4.) Who's Afraid of Little Old Me

5.) loml

6.) I Can Do It With A Broken Heart


To be honest, I find most of the songs' melodies a bit repetitive and recycled. I guess I was looking for a new sound. But if we're talking about the whole album lyrically. yall better sit your ass down, because Taylor writes so poetically. I often wonder how her brain works., she's a genius! She could easily be a successful author if she pursues that path. Her lyrical skills will forever be unmatched and regal. 


After a few more runs, my top picks have changed a little

1.) Fornight - love how Post Malone's voice complimented Taylor's voice!

2.) Down Bad - still slaps no questions asked

3.) But Daddy I Love Him - grew on me over time!

4.) Who's Afraid of Little Old Me - have you seen the live performance????

5.) I Can Do It With A Broken Heart - simply because the lyrics speaks to me

Bonus Picks:

"Peter"

"Guilty as Sin"


"thanK you aIMee" - obv a shoutout to Kim K.!


"The Alchemy"




If you haven't tried listening to any Swift song, you are missing out a lot!



xoxo
Grasya


Comments

Popular Posts