How My July Went




 Honestly, I've been putting off this blog. I do not feel like doing anything productive lately but hey it's been a year since I decided to bring this blog back to life. So that's something. I guess?


July brought us so much rain and typhoons. As if that would stop me from making plans lolol

On the first week of July, we celebrated my dear nephew's 1st birthday. I still can't believe that this tiny potato is already a year old. I'm not even his mom but there's like a certain sadness I feel knowing that he is growing and how time flies so fast makes me want to press pause!! TEKA LAAAANG!!!

I know it's life yada yada but ya know, you just can't help but get sad when you realize that they're growing, and the next thing you know you'll be sending them off to College!!



I met up with my best friend, Bill, and Jobs too! We were just supposed to have dinner together but they ended up taking me home with them lol We spent the next two days jamming, doing covers, and making a song. It was also the week of Taylor's release of her "Speak Now" version so we were just all so stoked!


On the second week, I met up with my bestie, Gail for an errand date. Never have I ever thought that doing errands and adulting could be this fun. I hated it, but having friends to do it with makes it so much easier. 

She also gave me this cute case for my phone! Twinning for life!

We tried "La Ragazza", this newly opened Italian restaurant in Glorietta. Had some booze while we were at it. 

AT LUNCHTIME!!


For the rest of July weekends, I was literally out and about. Met with several groups of friends. Also was able to meet my new coworkers! Wishing we can have lunch with the rest of the girls soon! 

Also went to Cinema with Don and Mina. I dozed off half of the time inside the cinema coz it was so cold and comfy and this girl was soo puyat lol It's been both nice yet tiring getting to meet friends though. My social battery runs out too HAHAHA



On to my Netflix department. I was occupied for the whole month because I watched the whole season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. a bit late tbh, it's been on my list for so many years, but starting a series takes so much motivation in me so I made sure I have the time to sit down to watch. In between daily chores, I would squeeze an episode or two. It was soo addicting and entertaining. Imagine this show premiered the same year I was born, WIILDDD!! and people are still talking about it after all these years. That's how popular this show had gotten. 



Now I want my own version of Chandler!!!



I still dig Joey though. Like have you seen him in the first few seasons?





dude can easily beat Leonardo DiCaprio if he wanted to. My tiktok was just all thirsty Joey edits lolol 


If you've watched "How I Met Your Mother", you would see some episodes that had the same plot. Well, some were really from this show. In fact, over the years these two shows have always been compared with each other. And having watched both, I can say that both are equally entertaining. In terms of comedy, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. wins! It's a classic feel-good sitcom and a quick escape from reality. While HIMYM tackles a lot of serious issues, a more realistic approach with more life lessons and comedy. Both stories were written in their own unique way but if I were to choose, it would have to be HIMYM. 

Don't get me wrong, I still love the show I'm actually on my 2nd run of FRIENDS hehe I love David's acting so much and how he portrayed Ross's character was so funny, and don't forget Chandler's sarcastic jokes too. While Phoebe's out-of-this-world personality completes the dynamic of the group. 


As mentioned above, July was also the release of "Speak Now" Taylor's Version. I was like 14 when the first one got out! I loved every bit of it that we would sing literally everything off the album. It's my fave and a really special one. Can you imagine she wrote all those herself? No co-writers at all and there's every song for everything, in love? "Mine", "Ours" or "Enchanted", Female Rage? "Better Than Revenge", Feeling sentimental? we got "Never Grow Up". And probably the most popular song from that album is "Dear John", cuz duhhhh???? John Mayer even put a cryptic post on his Gram telling everyone to be kind when it was released. Like boy OKKAAAAYYYY lol Contrary to John's disappointment, Taylor Lautner on the other hand a.k.a. the better ex, guested at Taylor's concert doing some backflips. And they gave each other a hug! idk abt you Taylor Lautner but my back would be killing me after doing all those lol I just wish she can do the same with Harry. Those two were my ship back in the day. Or a collab, at least?




Top Songs for this Month:

1.) Homage - Mild High Club

2.) What Was I Made For - Billie Eilish 

3.) You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore

4.) These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra 

5.) I Can See You - Taylor Swift


Backlogs are craaazzzy will be posting some blogs one by one!

Laters, mfs!


xoxo

Grace



 








Comments

Popular Posts