How My August Went

 "August slipped away into a moment in time", indeed it did. Can't help but be amazed at how time flies. This time last year I was this struggling newly-hired recruiter overwhelmed with the fast-paced industry. Honestly, I'm not on the right career path. Even now, there's a lot of contemplating in my head. Had I been smarter, I would've gotten a high-paying job. I mean sure I'm comfortable, but to be out there and see what the world has to offer. I just know I'm meant for something more like Onlyfans LOL

Enough about my career dilemma, here's how my August went. 

Starting strong with my 3rd and 4th tattoos. Yes as seen on my Facebook and IG. I impulsively got two more tatts. Yup, IMPULSIVELY because I booked an appointment the same day and headed to where I had my first two at PintaDon Tattoo Studio. For some context, I was just supposed to meet a friend around Kapitolyo, which was just a couple of blocks away from the studio, so I asked my friend, Jobelle and she was hella down. And just that, I got four tiny ones. Will I get a bigger one next time? hell yeah. Just need some leveled-up convincing powers to get my dad's approval. (FULL BLOG SOON)



On the second week, we paid a visit to my mom along with my nephew. Quite an event since we waited for him to turn a year old to visit his Lula Atunton because apparently, babies are spirit magnets and as superstitious as it sounds, there's no harm in following such. I mean, the last thing I want is for this kid to take home some scary entity from the cemetery.


Took him to a Coffee Shop after and I was supposed to take him to his first Kidzoona experience but he was just so damn tired that he fell asleep. SAAN KA NAPAGOD?????



The very next day, I met up with my colleagues. Had lunch at Gringo's. Strolled around Makati, and found this little park situated in a busy city. We also discovered a coffee shop/Bar nearby, "The Curator". It's a Coffee shop out in the front with a bar in the backroom. I always wanted to try this kind of hidden/secret bar/speakeasy type and this discovery just made me so static! I had a lemon from their coffee shop and had 2 cocktails when the bar opened. THIS IS MY KIND OF BAR!! I often picture myself going to this kind of place, sitting at the bar counter, and asking the bartender for a shot of their strongest alcohol. And did I mention that "The Curator" is ranked 38th in Asia's 50 Best Bars? RIGHT??????  It was super tiring but I enjoyed every little bit. 

On the last week of August, Gail and I went to get our nails done! For her pre-birthday celeb, we went to Ginza Gyu in Makati It's also my first time trying out a semi-high-grade Wagyu beef, and boy oh boy was that a sumptuous lunch. It was soo damn good. I'm not even much of a beef eater but that was obviously an exception. Wagyu ftw!!!

And being the spoiled bestieee, she gifted me another twinning phone case. Love ya birthday girl! thank you ♥


So that was pretty much all my August dump. 


For my Netflix department, I got plenty!

 I've watched some pretty nerd stuff like Aliens lolol I was soo bored that I randomly clicked on "Top UFO Secret Projects" followed by, "Alien Worlds". 

I switched to "A Man Called Otto" for a change and that show fucked me up so bad. I did cry!!! Otto reminds me of my Dad so much, ever since my mom passed, he became so much grumpier and impatient. Perhaps, it's normal for an old man his age. Was a good tear-jerker. 1000/10

And if I wasn't being random about my movie choices, I saw "Hustlers" too. A movie about strippers coz why tf not. If my chosen path fails me, at least I'm equipped!!

Oh and finally finished watching, "Dynasty". Been a huge fan of Fallon Carrington since 2018!!! She just gives off this strong independent business-minded woman and I love her for it. She's exactly the woman I aspire to become!! A pretty decent ending, I would say. 

I also have watched "Inventing Anna", she was such a badass lolol I have no words for her but she embodies the type of woman who will get whatever she wants in every way possible so long as she can support her lavish lifestyle. Social climbing is an understatement. She's a con artist and was really good at it. 


Here are the others, I've watched. 

- Bride Wars

- Good on Paper

- Falling for Christmas


How was I able to finish a series, and get tattoos, while trying to keep my social spirits up? August was hella busy. No wonder I got sick. Probably my body's way of telling me to chill tf down. LOL


Top Songs for the Month:

1.) Spinnin - Madison Beer

2.) From The Start - Laufey

3.) Be More - Stephen Sanchez

4.) Vampire - Olivia Rodrigo

5.) Sparks - Coldplay  


bye mothafuckaszzz


xoxo

Grace




















Comments

Popular Posts