Laufey "A Matter Of Time" Concert in Manila
Hey kids! it's yer hot momma
Today, I'm sharing one of the most memorable experiences I've had in my life. - a Laufey concert!
Quick backstory: I was able to attend her concert here 2 years ago, but I was at the farthest seat you could imagine, and I was not in a good place in my life either. My dad's health was declining back then, and my sister just forced me to still go and let me have this brief escape from our reality.
I made a promise that the next time she visits here, I'll be in a much better phase of my life, and I'm beyond blessed to be able to attend this now. I was so happy because I secured a VIP ticket!
It's just so different looking back now.
Came the day of the concert, I booked a grab to get to MoA,
My look for today! Sweet girl lang!
I lined up outside and waited to be ushered inside the concert hall. The weather was very humid, I was sweating all over. I could not imagine the rest of the fans who came all dressed up in gowns!!
I was a solo goer, so I approached another solo concert goer—his name is Danny and we clicked right away! We lined up for the photobooth and merch and ate together all while waiting for the concert to begin. I didn't drink that much water because standing in a pit, you just don't want to lose your spot.
When we got inside the hall, I was a few feet away from the stage so we decided to not leave anymore. It was a bit of a wait from there on, but it was all worth it!
Laufey came out singing "Clockwork" which was the song I would often bust out on karaoke sesh!
Seeing her up close, I was in awe of her beauty! She looks like a doll!
She's got so many songs on her set list but these are my faves, if not all
1.) "Tough Luck" sits at the top because everybody was crashing out singing the bridge part! It's actually a TikTok trend, so I was really happy to do that! I was singing at the top of my lungs!
2.) "Goddess" this song stood out to me when she sang this on her first concert. Hearing it live once again resurfaced some memories. I was shaking and crying, I got a bit emotional during this song.
3.) "Too Little, Too Late" the build up leading up to the bridge until the line "I should be who you're engaged to" hurts like a mf.
4.) "I Wish You Love" this was the surprise song! I used to practice this a lot with just my ukulele. Loved everything about this, lyrics, melody, and wishing "that" person genuine love.
5.) "Promise" because I just feel this song in my soul.
6.) "Forget Me Not" I love hearing her sing in her native language!
7.) Let You Break My Heart - the OG!!!
here's my "I'm here" selfie
One thing I love about Laufey aside from her jazz pop genre, is that she really takes her time playing her instruments on stage, especially the cello! Piano and guitar are what you would usually see, but the cello? I think that's what sets her apart from the other artists. She's so talented!
I jumped, danced, cried, sang to my heart's content! That night was indeed magical.
I don't think I'll ever stop stanning Laufey. She's an incredible singer, and her music is just so beautiful.
I first discovered her in 2023 through a TikTok video using "Just Like Chet." I saved it because I thought it would be great song inspo. The moment I listened to it, I fell down the rabbit hole of her music. Then I found "Valentine" and "Let You Break My Heart Again," and I was hooked. Her songs felt like they belonged in a Disney movie, and I was completely starstruck. Over the years, I have had a couple of songs that are inspired by her music. I aspire to be as talented as her in terms of songwriting.
I remember being heartbroken because just a few days after I became a fan, she had her very first concert here in the Philippines. I think it was in Muntinlupa.
When she came back in 2024 for her concert with the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra, I queued for almost four hours but still couldn't get a ticket. T^T
So when tickets for the **Bewitched** tour went on sale, I didn't even care where I was sitting. I bought whatever was available. I ended up getting a GenAd ticket, and I was literally jumping around like a kid when I secured it!
It's so easy to be friends with someone who just matches your vibe and energy!
Danny felt like an old friend.
Sooo kids, I genuinely hope your dad listens to Laufey.
Grasya

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)


.jpeg)
.jpeg)



Comments
Post a Comment