Run 8K With Me - CCLEX Bridge
hey kids, it's yer mom, Today we're running the CCLEX bridge!
This idea came to me when we were planning the Cebu trip. I've seen a couple of Tiktok videos of runners crossing the CCLEX bridge. For those who don't know, this is the longest bridge in the Philippines, stretching approximately 8.9 km. I've been running 10k so one way across the bridge would be enough for me to check this off my bucket list.
Initially, I thought of going there at night, but they're closed for runners, and the cut-off time was around 3pm-ish. I couldn't go in the morning either coz of work ( shift is done at 8 am), the only option I got was to rawdog the run in the afternoon, 2pm! Mind you, this was the peak of summer heat.
I dropped by 7/11 to have a pre-run meal and a Pocari to bring on my run and then took a cab to SM Cebu.
selfie before the chaos lol
From there, I just asked the guards for directions, it was not hard to locate since you could already see it from afar. Walking up to the bridge was already tiring because of the heat, but I was burning with excitement seeing it get closer and closer.
Upon entering the bridge, you need to log in your name and other info at the guardhouse.
I was asked if I could make it back just in time for the cutoff time, and I told him I was only doing one-way. He explained that it's only one-way access, so there's no turning back once you've entered. There are some emergency buttons along the way if you need help in any case or if you simply cannot finish the whole course. I've seen a Tiktok video where the couple decided to turn back mid-way, and they were stopped by the security (probably got caught on the cctvs scattered in the area), they were then taken back to the city, off the bridge. So yeah, lesson learned!
Also, the sidewalk is shared by runners and bikers, so be careful and make sure to give way.
Here's a list of Do's and Don'ts if you're planning on going here.
After logging in, I started walking my way up to the actual bridge. It was a bit of an uphill walk so I took my time coz no way I'm running all that!
my phone's camera was all blurred from all the moisture and heat!
I started running slowly once the uphill eased up a bit. It was okay at first, but I got more and more anxious as I realized how high up I was above the water. It was hot, but at least it was windy too!
Reached my fave part of the bridge - this is giving Eren Yeager rumbling form!!!!
photo with Eren!!! lol
I was enjoying my run until the heat started to get to me. It was quarter to 3pm and also only at km3.
From time to time, I would stop and admire the view, but more importantly, I could feel my body overheating, so that's when I decided to walk the rest of the stretch.
Luckily, I had brought my Pocari along with me. I almost finished it all up before going there, sooo glad I didn't coz it saved me from heat exhaustion. Like my skin, my whole body was burning. I probably got 2-3 shades darker.
obv duhhh ^
Doing this in the summer probably wasn't the best idea. I thought I could cross the whole bridge since it was windy, but I definitely underestimated the heat.
one of the emergency buttons
After what felt like forever, I managed to cross one-way. I was staaaaarving and tired from all the walking. I'm just so happy they have Jollibee waiting for me at the end of the bridge lol
I got myself a burger, fries, and a Coke Float to cool down! I haven't had soft drinks in forever, but daaamn, that felt so freaking satisfying.
I love seeing the kcal being included! I hope more establishments do this.
look at how tan I got!
I would definitely go back here, but at 5am not at 2pm. I still enjoyed the experience, though, one for the books.
I'm just happy I made it across successfully (and alive!!!) Surviving that heat was no joke! I book a grab to take me back to my hotel coz I need some AC lol
That's all for now.
If you're planning on going there, let me know! Sama ako HAHAHAHAH
Grasya

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)



Comments
Post a Comment