Come With Me to Cebu
This is the last leg of my month-long trip away from home!
After spending 3 weeks in Bohol, I've decided to spend another week here in Cebu. Christine and Mina came with me because we booked a Kawasan Falls tour and that's what we did.
Mina had me try sikwate at the terminal.This drink is good ahhh!
There goes our ship!
The first time I took a ferry was way back when I was a kid with my mom. Lowkey anxious about getting on this ship, and it's a 2-hour ride from Bohol to Cebu. But the whole thing ride had been smooth, there was a moment where we felt some strong waters but nothing alarming (thank God!!!)
I got to see the CCLEX bridge! Seeing how tall it was and passing below it freaked me out a little. Can't believe I'm planning on running that same bridge lol
Coming from Guindulman, Bohol, it was a total of 11 hours of travel time. We even got lost due to the lack of reception in the area. We had to walk at least a 300m to our hotel carrying our bags and luggage.
Sun was setting but we're lost lol
we made it just in time before it went completely dark!!! I was deaaaad tired when we checked in.
This is the view from hotel room in the morning!
sarap magdrama dito for real!!
they took photos of me lol I was too busy admiring and capturing the view
what I saw the moment I stepped out of the bathroom.
r u guys some part of a cult??? lol
that's our window view!
We were picked up from our hotel to begin the Kawasan Falls tour.
The weather was nice, we met up with our tour guide and proceeded to the falls. It was a 40-minute hike to get to the actual location. Lowkey cursing coz first of all, I'm not a fan of hiking but was too scared to hop on the zipline that takes you to the top. I would rather feel my feet hurt hiking than be suspended on the air with just a rope supporting you.
When we got to the area, I was shocked to find out that we had to jump agad agad????
I was not aware dude! I was sooo fucking unprepared.
But ... I did it. The first one from the group to do it actually.
I was scared but did anyway mainly because I was too embarrassed to be holding up the line. There were tons of tourists there!
It sure did kickstart my adrenaline rush!
They had a stopover where you could buy food and drinks. The prices were a bit high, but totally understandable considering all the effort it takes to bring everything up there.
Our tour guide was lowkey shipping me with this AFAM guy lol. Sadly, I already forgot his name. We met him along the way and introduced ourselves, then ran into each other again later. Our tour guide really didn't waste any time, he even told us to look each other in the eyes. Maygaaahd, but he was nice though, and he has grey eyes!!!!
The whole experience was fun, it just made my whole body hurt the next day lol
Also, I just wanted to congratulate myself coz never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that I would be jumping at a 12-15 ft height. Definitely not on my 2026 bingo card yet here I was. Lived to tell the tale coz my future kids had to know their mom is cool af.
This is what was waiting for us back at headquarters once the tour was over.
After the tour, we rested back at the hotel and prepped to go out at night. We might be dealing with some body pains, but we aren't skipping a girl's night out after an afternoon nap. We headed to Moalboal which was like 18km from the hotel lol imagine sitting on a trike for over 30 minutes. My butt hurts!!
We opted to have some drinks since that was our last night.
Roamed some more then dropped by this cafe, (Lady N Coffee ad Souvenir Shop) before finally heading home.
The next morning, we traveled back to Cebu City, and that's where Christine, Mina, and I separated.
I checked in at my hotel (Kasa Boutique Hote) where I'll be spending the whole week.
I'm excited to be alone in the city it's my first time here in Cebu too!
The first night went by. I just stayed in my room because my body was still hurting from all the jumping I did lol
I got on the phone with Mina because this girl has some serious attachment issues HAHAHA
But really, living with her for a month, I cannot help but miss my homegirl!!!! we would talk about literally everything!
The next morning, I decided to visit SM Cebu because being in Guindulman made me miss malls lol so I went there to get some "city" feels. I had my lunch at Chika-an Cebuano Kitchen where I tried their Chorizo de Cebu.
Then for some matcha fill, I walked my way to Peak & Pi. Their matcha menu is extensive, I couldn't even choose which one to get, so I just asked for their bestseller (forgot the name ughh) then walked home after.
As if that wasn't enough, I also got another matcha latte from the restaurant below our hotel (lowkey pressured to buy something coz I felt shy leaving without getting anything hehe T^T)
I shouldn't have bothered buying, this matcha sucked
The next day, I walked my way to the famous lechon place called House of Lechon. The vibe there was really nice. The service was good, I was accommodated right away and didn't even wait long for my food to arrive.
Ofc for some matcha, I went to Abaca Company. I stayed there for quite a while as I also had my laptop with me, so I figured I'd blog a bit. I love peaceful afternoons like this!
On Wednesday, we wore pink and ran the CCLEX bridge. It was scorching hot (2pm!!) but I didn't have other time as I had to sleep in the morning after working at night. I do not recommend it because you can really get a heat stroke from the heat.
There was literally no shade for the entire 8.9 km route. I was just being a daredevil, so I went ahead and tried it.
I will share more on a separate blog because I have so much to say!
After punishing myself lol I looked for a good post-run meal, so I found Flinders Lane.
By this time, I'm more convinced that Cebu has so many good matcha spots! Aside from a few misses, most of what I've had has been good!!
The next morning, I walked a bit around town and nearby establishments. I relied heavily on Google Maps all the time! I have no sense of direction, but when traveling alone, you will HAVE TO LEARN TO NAVIGATE. I did get lost a couple of times though coz mostly, I was just being performative haha
Passed by this cute cafe called Crosswalk Bakery & Cafe. So lucky they have a matcha latte but it tasted a bit bland? and the staff were not really accommodating; their AC was also not working so it was fkn hot lol
On my last day, I told myself I would visit the cafe called Te Amo Cafe which was a couple of blocks away from my hotel. And yes, you're probably thinking I wasted my stay in Cebu just cafe hopping, but that's what I really intended on doing. I did not book any tour or activity because I just wanted to chill.
I enjoyed my stay in the cafe because they got flowers up on sale so I bought one for myself! There were people on dates too so that was a pleasant sight (im not bitter all the time guys hehe) I got a strawberry matcha and a teriyaki bowl. Both were good! my heart was happy haha
finally had the guts to take a selfie lol
After dining there, I went back to my hotel and started packing my stuff. I got an early flight back to Manila. I almost tried rebooking my flight to extend my stay for another day because the Earth Day Run Cebu leg was happening that Sunday! But that was also the peak of the oil price hike, so the flight ticket literally tripled (around 8K!!) I was stunned, so I just shut the fuck up and went home. I did pass by the runners on my way to the airport though!!!! I'm sooo inggit!
I love early morning flights because I get to see the sunrise!!
They're so pretty ahhhhh
It's been such a busy month for me. Seeing the takeoff somehow made me sad. I will be back, though. Just not sure when.
When I arrived in MNL, I was hella starving so I had breakfast at Jollibee (na para bang walang Jollibee sa Cebu lol) then ofc had to see my nephew first!!!!! I missed my little bb so much~
This blog is so long, I hope I didn't bore you.
That ends my whole month trip and I would definitely do it again!!!
See you on my next blog!
Grasya

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)


.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)



Comments
Post a Comment