How My August Went

 Just like what my fave singer of all time, Taylor Swift said, "August slipped away like a bottle of wine". It did end in a flash. A stormy one too! 

It's the cuddle season guys..


Which I would have enjoyed if only I have someone to cuddle with.

But worry not! I have my comfy-womfy blanket and huggable pillows to tuck me in. T^T 


enough with the self-pity soooooo..

After being laid off from work in June, I took a well-deserved month-long rest. So I told myself this August, I have to get a job. And fortunately, I was able to land in one. Shifted my career from BPO to RPO. It was haaaard. The adjustments, the fast-paced working environment, and meeting new people. It was difficult juggling all those at the same time. Nevertheless, I'm grateful that I was able to switch my career path and make it grow further. Above all, I'm excited to do new things. I'm up for the challenge, I would say. Hopefully, this will work for me!


And we couldn't let a month pass by without catching up with friends! Personally, I'm the type to be always down to anything kind of friend, In fact, I diagnosed myself with a hard case of FOMO! Especially now that my new work is a remote position, going out has been therapeutic for me. I mean with all the money I spent on clothes, I better be flexing them lol!



Since I got too much time on my hands (well this was before I started working, ask me about my availability now and istg it's beeeeen haaaaaard) anyway, 

I was able to watch some movies on Netflix. 

The first one was Purple Hearts which I just randomly clicked on the site. Thought it was just gonna be one of those lame romantic movies, but it was good! The story is about a fake marriage between a soldier and a struggling singer. Aaand you have to listen to the OST too! I loved it! Rating it 10/10.


Second one was "The In-Between". Another love story. I know by this time you can tell how hopeless romantic I am with my movie choices lol but this is a good one too. I was in the middle of doing my laundry while watching it and the ending made me cry a bit. Had to rinse my hands just to dry them tears up lol craaaazy. The story is about a dead boyfriend trying to reach out to his lover from the "in-between". Rating this 7.5/10


The third one was "Marriage Story". This added to my already long list of reasons not to marry in the future lol! This movie portrays the sad and heartbreaking reality of two individuals going through a divorce. The acting was superb! It felt too real. So after watching 2 romantic movies, I couldn't think of no other way to ruin my faith in love (once again) by watching a film about a struggling married life. Way to go self!


Now onto my weeb department, I think it was last year when I started reading korean comics (manhwa), the same time I went back to reading manga and watching anime. Unfortunately, that hype had died down now lol. But this news of Solo Leveling getting an anime adaptation still got me excited. I'm not a fan of the action genre but a friend recommended this to me so I gave it a try. It was sooo addicting! Sung Jin-woo ftw!!

I just don't know how they will make this into an anime though. It's korean made and the story basically annihilated Japan so I'm not sure how they will sort this issue. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to watching this next year :)


But if there's another thing I'm ecstatic about, it will be Taylor Swift's new album "Midnights", which will be out on October 21  !! Thirteen new tracks to jam, memorize, relate, or even cry to. I.CAN.HARDLY.WAIT. October please come fast.



    


If I'm gonna sum up how my August went, it was indeed a busy month. I'm starting from scratch once again with my work and balancing my life at the same time. Hopefully, September will be sooo much better!




I mean it better be, because JMC is finally here to sing for us!!

 xoxo, 


Grace


Comments

Popular Posts