How I Became a Swiftie!



I'm one of the many people out there who instantly became a Swiftie when she released "Love Story" way back in 2008! I remember that day, I was just casually chilling in the living room when that song played on MTV. It was love at first sight! Her beauty,



 her ball gown, 



her, dancing with Romeo, and the 18th century vibes.

 


that stare ;__;



Lawd sign me tf up! That very song was her breakthrough song! She's just winning awards, and topping the charts with it! You just hear it literally everywhere and being her new fan, I'd wait for the music TV shows to play it every day. 

One random morning, my mom bought some new CDs. Okay peeps, we're talking about the year 2008 here mmhkay?, and we don't have Spotify yet. And the closest thing we have to music, aside from the radio were CDs. So yeah, one of the CDs that she got that day was Taylor Swift's "Fearless" album which my sister and I jammed to. We would scream at the top of our lungs singing, "The Way I Loved You"! And I thought that after quite some time, the fan girl in me would go away. 

HELL NAH

Fast forward to High School, it was our vacant period so the fresh high school me ehem! was just making chika with my classmates when one of my friends pulled my hand and dragged me into this circle of girls. And in between that circle, was a boy playing guitar. And that ladies and gents was the start of Bill and I's friendship. So my friend who dragged me, Caselyn she's like "omg Bill, eto si Grace, kumakanta ng Taylor yan!". Bill, he's my classmate too but we never really spoke to each other until that day. That's when I learned that he's a Swiftie too! He asked me what song do I want to sing, and I said let's try "Fearless".He started playing the guitar and I sang the song. Right after that day, we'd stick together and eventually took me in in their little band with our other friends/classmates. Who would have thought that one song could bring us all together, and form a connection out of our passions? You'd see us jamming into hallways, singing in front of the class, and we'd always have band practices after class hours while eating pizza or swirly bits! 

"Fearless", is a song that will always hold a special place in my heart.  

Oh to be young again!! the editing threw me out lololol 

I was able to meet someone who shares the same amount of interest in Taylor, and it's someone who's a complete badass at playing guitar!! Bill, he became my best friend later on. It was sort of an unexpected friendship because we were both from different groups, but we worked it out and made friends with basically every one of them. It's mostly because of her, and our burning desire to always play music. That's also the same time, I got to hear some of her unreleased songs and her self-titled, and debut album "Taylor Swift", which we would also jam into, and even in karaoke! After almost 14 years of being friends, we'd still sing songs from her debut era and it's always a complete nostalgia!

Because of royalty issues, Taylor decided to re-record her albums so she can own her masters. I almost cried hearing "Love Story", in her version. Her voice has matured so much but the song still gave me so many memories. 

Stream her Taylor Swift version album folks!

She's been my inspiration to write my own songs. I never learned the guitar, but Bill was there to cover for my lack of motivation to learn lol I wrote songs and he'd throw some chords on them. Sad that we have not recorded it though. Oh and there's one time, we wrote a song together, and sent it over to ABSCBN haha! that's how crazy we were back then. Quite an experience though because we spent time just coming up with lyrics, and tunes and had it done all in one night!


Anyway, I'll be sharing my top faves and our most jammed on both albums I've mentioned. 

"Taylor Swift" Album (will put the links here once she releases her version)

1.) I'm Only Me When I'm With You

2.) Mary's Song

3.) Picture to Burn

4.) A Place in This World

5.) Invisible

6.) I'd Lie

7.) Our Song


"Fearless" Album

1.) Fearless

2.) Love Story

3.) You're Not Sorry

4.) Forever and Always

5.) Jump Then Fall

6.) Untouchable

7.) Hey Stephen


I'm pretty sure I'll be staying as a Swiftie til I'm old and grey. I swear whoever's gonna end up with me should start streaming as early as now because it's gonna be a Taylor-filled household lololol 


Thanks for reading, and bearing my fangirling til here!

I'll see you on my next blog "Speak Now". My all-time-favorite album of hers♥


xoxo

Grace



Comments

Popular Posts