Fave Christmas Memory ♥




The sad news is, Christmas is over. The good news is, New Year is coming. 

How's everyone's holiday going so far? 

Since I'm still high in Christmas spirits thought I'd share something today, I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Christmas memory. My family used to live in this compound together with my relatives. Christmas there has always been fun, loud, and just festive! We would go house to house to greet everyone once the clock strikes 12, then we'd dance all night with loud, banging music. The adults would drink alcohol and we kids would play games. We would put up our decorations as early as September. My mom, she's the most excited of all. My siblings and I would help her decorate our Christmas tree while my dad is in charge of setting up the audio. I've had a harmonious, and enjoyable life in that compound. 


When I was a kid, hmm probably around age 5-6? I would watch Christmas movies with my cousins from time to time. And it was also the first time I came to know Santa Claus. This old giant dude with a long, white beard who wears a red-suit, and lives in North Pole together with his reindeer, and elves. Carrying his red sack full of gifts for kids who have been good. It was instilled in my brain that he is real so I'd try to be a good girl so I could be on his nice list. It was something I'd desperately held into. That if I do good, I'd get a reward from Santa. As a child, my reality is altered by fantasy so it never once occurred to me that he could just be fiction or whatnot. 


One day, My sister told me that if we hang our socks by the window, Santa would come and fill the socks with candies. Being the excited little me, I did what she said. I prepared my favorite school sock, and together, we hang it by the window days before Christmas. It was a very tiny window in our room and I think I may have slipped a love letter to Santa with all my wishes in there too! The next day, my sister woke me up and told me the socks had been filled with candies while shoving hers onto my face. She even got this tiny pouch squeezed inside the socks that she'd carried around the neighborhood! I hurriedly rushed to get mine, and indeed, my socks really had candies, and chocolates in them. I was so happy! Like Santa Claus knew I'd been a good girl?? He knew I existed, and traveled all the way to give me these? How come I missed him? I wished I'd never slept that night. I was just jumping out for joy that morning.

SO DON'T TELL ME SANTA CLAUS IS NOT FUCKING REAL BECAUSE HE IS! 


From then on, we would do it every Christmas. It's not always a win-win, sometimes, we would not get any which made me sad because I thought Santa Claus had probably forgotten about me. Or perhaps my name was on his naughty list. Until we grew out of it. I was probably hitting my early adolescent stage at that time so we stopped hanging our socks. I started wondering about who could be the person behind all of those schemes too. I remember the candies were also not store-bought, it's something you'd see in balikbayan boxes coz they're obviously internationally made. So it was still a mystery to me. I think my sister and I talked about it as adults. Because who would really put those candies, right? I didn't think I told my parents about it. But she said it's them who were filling those in our socks. Whoever did it. Whether it's my parents or Santa Claus himself, it made me happy, and grateful. If it were my parents, that'd really come off as a surprise. I never saw them once enter our room to sneakily do it more so, climb up to our window from outside. I wish I did because look at me being so clueless at 28 when it's obviously a person who did it, not Santa (hate to admit this!) Nevertheless, my Christmas childhood memory became so unforgettable. I love remembering those innocent, and exciting moments as a kid. It was what made me look forward to Christmas every year.


And if I'm to have a family one day, I love to do something like this for my kids too. To have this make-believe fantasy play that they will remember forever. I'm already a full-blown adult but it still confuses me to this day lol 


 I've thought about being a good girl a lot that I've lowkey developed a praise kink hehe so Santa, tell me I'm a good girl, and things might now be different. lololol jk!


Kidding aside, this will be my last blog for 2022. Hope you all will have a festive, and prosperous New Year! I'll talk to you all next year! 

Enjoy the rest of your holidays.♥

PS. Ingat sa paputok hehe

xoxo

Grace


Comments

Popular Posts