How My November Went



First things first, happy heavenly birthday to my brother who's probably jamming with my mom right now! I think I may have seen you pass by out of the corner of my eye this morning. To say I miss you is such an understatement. Really. You would have turned 22 today, and while I still have lots of whys, and regrets in my head, I'll be strong. :) Grasya can manage. I always have. Love you guys up there!




Moving on...

 Let's talk about November, which is a bit exhausting... but hey at least we made it all through! ESPECIALLY ME. I'm always thankful every time a month passes by without me having any heart attacks or getting my body dismembered by some serial killers. Life is unpredictable, so every day should be treated like it's your last day. Let's just say I'm starting this blog quite dark.  

Dark, because nothing ever comes close to that word as death. And death is mostly remembered every November. 

Just a week apart from November 1st, was my mom's death anniversary. My sister and I made sure we pay her a visit before she comes to us herself. I mean if you are visiting us Ma, you better be looking all cleaned up, and healthy! It's been 6 years, would you look at how time had passed? and yet everything still feels so surreal. You know my mom, we never really had that talk about boys or life in general. I sometimes would tell her a thing or two just to see her reaction but we never talk much about it. So if she's here right now, I'd straight up throw some never-before-asked questions of a curious, and adult daughter. One thing I can confirm though, my questions will probably blow her mind. She's in no way gonna be ready to answer it all! Visit my dreams Atunton, and we'll talk more about it.

So after dropping by to say hi, we went straight to get some pizzzzaaaaa!!! the only time we were able to talk about personal, and other girly stuff because whenever Bogart is around, we all know it's gonna be me gushing about how cute, and tiny he is! The Tita in me has fully been activated from the moment he was born and I bet my friends on Facebook find me soo annoying right now. Do the honors please, block me coz this bitch is not stopping anytime soon hehe

In the 2nd week, my former workmates turned friends and I met for some much-needed catch up which is basically us ranting about how tiresome being an adult is. We all agreed while chugging some cocktails coz it's not a night out without booze. Oh and we played bowling too which was my first time! I sucked so bad but it was soo much fun. I went home with a swollen arm. :)

In the 3rd week, met my bestie, Gail!!! and this time the chika was unlimited! We waited for SM Aura to open to try Puffy's where they sell souffle pancakes. Also had Frankie's then sat for more than 2 hours just telling life stories, and realizing we have a lot of similarities than we thought. A day with this girl is always delightful, and sweet. ♥



If I'm not out meeting my friends, you'd expect me babysitting my nephew. 

And we actually roamed around BGC. Look at this cutie wearing Tanjiro from Demon Slayer's outfit! 

We dropped by S&R to do some quick grocery shopping and then walked our way to Muji Cafe at Central Square. Bogart's first cafe trip!! It's really tiring carrying a baby around with you and dealing with his constant tantrums. He is still not used to being exposed to crowds, and being outside overwhelms him. As much as we'd like to stay home every weekend, this will benefit him. This baby can't grow up being ignorant of everything.  

Anyway, I tried Muji's Matcha Latte for Php145, it was hella good. Also bought some new addition to my green tea collection. I got Ito En Matcha Green Tea from S&R, and Green Tea with Mint from Marks & Spencer. The Ito En Matcha has chamomile on it, I slept like a baby for 12 hrs. Definitely a good purchase!


Oh and we did a DIY photoshoot for my nephew's Baptism invitation. I took photographs while my sister assisted me by holding the lamp and playing Cocomelon's intro a hundred times over. We owe his genuine, and kilig smiles to that watermelon lol Sharing some snaps! Also, did the invitation myself because who else? Taking full credit for every damn thing. It's my first time using Canva and I got the parent's approval so it's a win for me! Not bad for a first-timer I guess.

Here's how it turned out.


And this grocery duty-turned-coffee date! This time with my loving Tita, and cousin ♥ It was such a relaxing time that we swore to do it again. Dear Joe is so cute they even have this cute mailbox, a pen, and paper on every table in case you might want to write a love letter to your future husband/wife. WHICH I DEFINITELY GAVE INTO. Wrote my future lover a letter lol

Random photos on my camera roll!

////

I had a lot of time on my hands so I was able to squeeze in some docuseries and movies. 


"Unsolved Mysteries" episodes are all out so I'm ticking that off the list, also done with "The Worst Roommate".

So let's move on...

"Sins of Our Mother",a true crime series about the story of a mother, Lori, and how she ended up killing her children due to some cult shit she believed in. She's telling all her friends, and families that her kids were safe, while she dug their own graves. So much for a good mom.  



Another cult docu is, "Keep Sweet: Pray, and Obey". got me researching more about the "FLDS" cult coz this one is still around and has some huge followers despite their "Prophet" being jailed for raping and marrying off minors. He made everyone believe that he was this so-called Prophet, and whoever disobeys him will face hell. He's fooled thousands of people, but the worst, and sickening act he did, was rape a 12-year-old girl!!!!!! That man was sick in the head, he should be electrified for his sins. And to everyone who still believes in him, I hope you all wake up and don't let yourselves be blinded by this rapist's words. He's just an old horny dude with lots of money. 

Aaand I'm on episode 2 of "Catching Killers" as we speak. A true crime series that focuses on.. well.. catching killers, finally some closures, right? unlike some other docu that I've watched. Yes, I'm talking to you, "Unsolved Mysteries". smh u got me thinking all night about who did it and what happened after every goddamn episode.


Anyway, I'm finally caught up with "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" S8 which sadly, is also their last season. I've been a fan since around 2018-ish. I'm so gonna miss the squad, the top-tier comedy, Jake-Amy's relationship, and the Halloween Heist! I'm not ready to say goodbye to one of my fave sit-com :( The conversation in the last episode between Captain Holt telling Jake that he'd be proud if he was his son drove me to tears. As much as everyone would like to have a Season 9, unfortunately, is not gonna be allowed due to ongoing political, and racial issues surrounding the police. 

On a lighter note, everyone in the show kind of just moved on with their lives. I want to secure a man like Jake Peralta lol he's my standard in men. 



I also binge-watched "Wednesday". Jenna Ortega played her role so well. Have you seen her dance in episode 4? It's one of the highlights of the show. Have not seen the original but seen some clips all over the internet. Might actually try to watch it because of this! Oh and btw, Christina Ricci, the one who played Wednesday in the older version, also got a part in it. 10/10 would recommend it!!



The only local film that I've seen this month is, "Ngayon Kaya". Was recommended by a good friend of mine. It was so-so for me. But a nice refresher! I just find the acting, and the story a little off. I did shed a tear or two though but that's just it hehe Well, the story is about two people, stuck, thinking a million what-ifs. What if he stayed, what if she gave him a chance, what if they both admitted that they like each other. Wouldn't that be so much easier? Also, a part that bothered me is the fact that Paulo Avelino, in the movie is already engaged!! that's emotional cheating dude! but you do you. 

 I told ya, if you like someone, just risk it and fess up. No point in beating around the bush. Life is too short to be giving out mixed signals and leading someone on. *winks* 


November despite me being literally everywhere still felt a bit dull? I could not think of the right term to describe it but I'm just glad I'm over it. To be honest, I also want December to go by so fast. I used to be excited but now I'm just ya know.. 

I hope this dull feeling goes away, let's see how December unfolds. This has been a bit gloomy so I'm ending it here. 


Thanks for reading! Stay safe and make good life choices people. 


xoxo

Grace


Comments

Popular Posts