How My April Went




 So apparently, I've been putting off this April blog for days now, and it's currently 5:44am, on a Sunday as of writing. Thought I have the time to sit down and talk about my busiest month to date!!!! yo girl was out literally every weekend😭and  I will still try to draft blogs for each of my gala if I can ðŸ˜… Backlogs suck!


By the way, I kept on taking breaks because I still got HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER hungover. In fact, I'm currently doing a second run as I speak. (S5 lol)


Anywaaaaaay, going back to today's blog. April hmmm, you were so full of adventures, so much, that this is the only quiet and peaceful weekend I have had for myself in weeks after consecutive short trips. 


First, I tried Jam's Floating Beach House in Calatagan, Batangas with my family and newfound friends! It was my first time spending the night in a floating balsa whilst out in open waters. (will be posting a full blog story soon)

On the 3rd week of April, another family outing happened! We rented out this private resort in Pansol, Laguna. This time with our aunts, and uncles, more cousins and kids. We've been planning this trip for quite a while now but just like any other planned trip you've had with your friends, it disappears into thin air before you know it. This time was different though. everyone was just pumped and ready to roll. So off we went!

Played with my pamangkins, and jumped into the pool together!

And a family gathering won't be complete without spilling some tea lol 

Everyone was having fun, so much so that we extended our stay for another 4 hours. 


On the last week of April, my friends and I had a staycation at the Gramercy Hotel in Poblacion, Makati and I kid you not, it was the most shala Airbnb I've ever stayed in. And since it's situated in Poblacion, there are a lot of afams in the area. So if you're up for afam hunting, this is a good place to start lolol We stayed at this loft-type unit for 2 nights. Also tried night swimming in their pool on the 36th floor! Swimming with a night view of the city was awesome! 

We played several card games such as Dixit, and Spot it but Avalon will always be our fave! The bluffing, shouting, cursing, and trash-talking make the game so thrilling and exciting. 

And since they're the most talented people I know, we played some music and sang together. I played ukulele too!


in between those, I was able to squeeze in some extra time to meet friends and hang out with my nephew. 

Really, April was everything I needed and more. It was indeed hella tiring and I gained a few pounds lol but I wouldn't change anything. I could lose some weight, yes, but I could never go back to the day I was sleeping in a raft, singing a requested song, or spending a night with my friends. 


Earlier this year, I promised myself that I will be saying yes to more adventures, spontaneous trips, and experiences. It's a far cry from what I have in mind but we're getting there. 


Now onto my movie/series department.



To be honest, the only thing that I watched last month was "How I Met Your Mother". It was AWESOME! How could I go on with my life for the last 20-something years without watching this show??? It ran from 2005-2014 with 9 seasons. I can talk about this show for days! Honestly, seeing a long-time-running series usually discourages me to watch coz.. well I just know it's gonna be tiring. But I did not regret randomly clicking this show on Disney+ out of boredom. I was soo invested in the story that I would often fall asleep with it on. And it did not stop, even after the show I even researched the characters and what they are up to these days since the show ended about 9 years ago. One thing I love most about the show is the life lessons it gives you. Juggling between love and career is something we all deal with. It relates to me on so many levels that this became my comfort show.

Luckily, my best friend, Bill had watched this a couple of times and since then we would throw in some HIMYM jokes mid-conversation. It was so much fun! I thought I had no one to share my thoughts about the show! Heck, we even watched the last episode together during our staycation. CORE MEMORY!

As for context, the story follows a group of friends in New York City, struggling to find love and success in life and career while the main cast, Ted Mosby, a hopeless romantic architect retells the story to his kids about how he met their mother with a series of funny, life lesson filled stories and flashbacks.

You know I could give you tons of spoilers but I'm a good girl and we don't do that here. But oh to be pursued and loved by Ted, or actually Barney. I want that that unfazed, warm, forgiving kind of love. ah, this show just gives me all the feels!! it just gets you thinking about life, friendships, and love. Now I cannot wait to tell my future kids my story of how I met their father (God, hear me out)


So kids, if you are bored, and looking for a LEGENDARY show that could literally change your views in life. Watch "How I Met Your Mother". It's 10000000/100 recommended.


Most Played Songs this Month

1.) Nada Surf - Inside of Love

2.) Let Your Heart Hold Fast - Fort Atlantic 

3.) Waiting For an Invitation - Benji Hughes

4.) Goldspot - Rewind

5.) Nice Dream - Radiohead

6.) The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)

7.) Nothing Suits Me Like A Suit - HIMYM 

8.) For The Longest Time - HIMYM

9.) Two Beavers Are Better Than One - Robin Sparkles

10.) Hey Beautiful - The Solids 



And just like that, we're halfway through May! and when June comes, we will be halfway through the year. It's crazy how time flies so fast, the next thing we know we will counting down the days again for Christmas. 

 Oh and btw, Taylor will be releasing her Speak Now (Taylor's Version) by July 7th! Another thing to look forward to! 💖



xoxo

Grace










Comments

Popular Posts