Jam's Floating Beach House - Calatagan, Batangas





I barely go to the beach. Don't get me wrong, I love the calmness the sea gives me and how the sea breeze brushes up on my skin but what's underneath all those blue hues is what scares me. Visiting the beach is okay but spending the night in a raft afloat is a different story. And the binge-watching of shark documentaries really isn't helping but oh well, I'm still here alive and writing so I guess you can call me lucky. 


On the first weekend of April, we tried Jam's Floating Beach House in Calatagan, Batangas. My cousins had been wanting us to try it since they'd been there a couple of times on different occasions. So we rented out their floating beach house for 15 pax for a night. 

Before going to Calatagan, we met up with my cousins in Cavite. We also got to try this newly-opened Zen Zen Cafe just a few walks from their home. 

This is the cafe that we went to. 

They also have this aesthetic greenhouse restaurant where you can dine. 

Matcha Latte, always! ♥

 We spent the night drinking alcohol and even drinking the bottles that we were supposed to bring on our trip. but hey fun night.  

We left for Calatagan the very next morning (despite the hangover). It was roughly a 2 hour-ish trip. Once we got there, we were briefed about the rules and some safety reminders. 

Before you can get into the balsa, you have to cross a very narrow bamboo bridge. Challenge accepted!! Once we were all on the raft, another boat pulled us to the sea. The water there is shallow, calm, and low tide thus us being dragged into a much deeper part of the sea to fully enjoy the experience. I saw the view of the land gets farther away. But don't you just love low-tide beaches???? It keeps you literally alive and worry-free. Because how can you drown in knee-high water? lolol

On the first floor, they have a small kitchen, a bathroom, a bunk bed, and a big mattress. The second floor is for viewing, diving, and also a place to sleep. The remaining space is used for dining/drinking (hehe). They also have an area to grill and, a set of life jackets, and hammocks on both sides. 


The only disadvantage of being in a balsa is 1.) you can't poop in the restroom, it's only good for peeing and taking short baths after swimming but if you feel like doing the number 2, the caretakers are on standby ALWAYS to take you back to the land where there are restrooms for that purpose. 2.)The water supply is also limited but again, you will be supplied by the bangkero's on standby if needed:) . 3.) If you have motion sickness, this will be a nightmare for you. Lucky for me, I seem to have gotten over it.


We swam, and bathe in the sun. I even fell asleep on the roof! My nieces were so brave jumping off the second floor of our balsa! My back would curse me if I did that. They're braver than I will ever be lol

In the afternoon, we went island hopping and they took us to the sand bar. 



 Ate some food and drank ALCOHOL! We had karaoke, danced, and just enjoyed the rest of the night! 

Definitely one for the books 💖Thank you, guys! 

Ending this blog with a beautiful sunset. 







Ciao, 

Grace


Comments

Popular Posts