How My May Went



May was a month of resting coz this Tita was fucking tired. Except for the sponty trips and a wedding I was mostly at home fueling up my energy and my back?? hurts like a motherfucker!!! I literally spent 30 minutes on a massage chair just to feel better and I'm not even 30 so what the hell?


One of last month's highlights was my dearest darling paying us a visit from the US after 7 years! This woman was Bill and I's friend and classmate from high school days. She was also one of our vocalists in our charot charot band back then lol but now she has her own band in the US and actively doing gigs! astig dibaa?

We never really kept in touch ever since they migrated but it's nice feeling like she never really left at all. I swear a day was not enough to cover everything. We just have so much stuff to catch up on. And a reunion wouldn't be complete without music. Of course, we jammed! She's now back in San Fran though. Bummer but we are now in touch and do calls. We even watch them during the band practice. 

Love ya, darling! Uwi ka na ulit. 


Another highlight was my former colleague's wedding! Seems like my actual group of friends are all games and shit coz why aren't there any weddings from you guys? Come on. Keep up! I want to attend your weddings too. I want to buy a dress that I know I will wear only once ughh lol

We attended Christian and Reynalyn's wedding! Reynalyn was my previous colleague and she's the older sister of my friend, Rey. So that's how I ended up on the guest list. 

I love going to weddings especially now that I'm an adult. There are just so many emotions involved. I cried, danced, and played some games. Above all, there's just something special about being present there and witnessing two people declare their love for each other. 

Something that you fuckboys wouldn't feel halaaa? di ka magmamaldita vebs!

For the newlyweds, cheers to love, happiness, and ever after. 

Naniniwala na ako ulit sa true love, meron pa yan. 


and the same day after the wedding at midnight, my friends and I went to Tagaytay for a sponty trip. Gen Z eh nakiki sponty lol shawtyy pwarehh pwareeh fr no cap but it was super fun! Tagaytay at night was much colder. We ate at Bulalo Capital and fortunately found a Cafe at 3am. 


so there's that. 


I stayed at home most of the time, catching up on sleep and working my ass off. Being at home, made me so productive in writing songs with my ukulele. I may have written almost 15 songs in 3 years. I was super in it especially when the lockdown happened. And just 2 or 3 of them were posted on my social media. Some are still unfinished, and some need major polish haha! But the thing I love about songwriting is how creative one gets as one progresses with it. Whenever I thought of a melody I'd like to incorporate into a song, I'd usually start off playing random chords in the ukulele until I find the ones I'd like to use. The lyrics usually just come naturally as I go on. It can be random especially when I'm out with friends and thought of a good melody, I'd just pull out my phone and try to record lololol Some songs are done in an hour while some take days, months, or even years. But the feeling of accomplishing something out of 4 chords and your well-thought lyrics fueled by your emotions are what I'm most proud of.  

The earliest memory I have of songwriting was when I was in high school. Without any instruments, I would try to come up with lyrics, and melodies then I'd sing it in front of our band. Mostly would laugh at how funny and lame I sounded lol but my best friend, Bill, would try to come up with the chords on his guitar and we would try to play it. Long story short, we never finished anything haha! I recently discovered the lyrics I've written from that time and trying to redo it with just my ukulele so we will see. Will I get lazy? Will I still have this burning passion for songwriting? I don't know lmao


Wow, I sure talk a lot.


So moving on to my Netflix/Disney+ Department. 

Aside from my second run of How I Met Your Mother which I'm currently on Season 7 btw,  and the casual scroll on my Tiktok about shark attacks and crime stories, I was able to squeeze in Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions on Disney+. I've been putting off watching this for a while since I wanted to have all my focus and quiet time for myself. It was uh-mazing! Taylor really showed her raw vocals in that session. She also had these cute little backstories for each song. As Joe once said, "What a mind". I don't doubt him though, Taylor is indeed one giant ball of talent and endless creativity.  


Top Songs for this Month: 


June is now up. Nag totono na ng gitara si kumpareng Jose Marie Chan. Just like that, we're in the middle of 2023. Time flies so fast. We were just talking about our New Year's Resolution na hindi naman umeffect tapos gagawa na naman ng bago. Who are we fooling? lol 


Anyway, this bitch has to go and rest. 


Bye Felicia, don't believe his lies

and make smart decisions



xoxo

Grace










Comments

Popular Posts