Nothing Good Ever Happens After 2AM



 Quoting one of the lines from Ted Mosby of "How I Met Your Mother" that struck me the most, "Nothing good ever happens after 2am". 

Why? Because we make nothing but bad decisions. 



Anything done and said after the said time of the day are terrible, worse, the ones you would regret the next time you wake up. 



But there are some truths to it so hear me out.

Our minds tend to get tired of being awake and active throughout the day thus, us being at our most vulnerable at night. Our brains just don't function properly as well as it does in the daytime. Midnight in general is certainly not the best time to make judgments, jump to conclusions and evaluate. Aaaand that is a scientific fact so whadduppppp!



I had my fair share of questionable decisions (not just at 2 am lol) but looking back made me realize that being up in the middle of the night SUCKS! This can take any form like a drunk text,



 an impulsive buy from an online store, 



begging someone to take you back (oo ikaw nga!),


 making huge and unrealistic life decisions,

(me drawing up plans in my head)



being marupok, (oo o hinde??)



 and the list goes on.




The thing is, with after a few hours of decent sleep, the desperation goes away. More rational and far less frantic. No, you don't need that person back, or you don't need that bag. You are not just in the right headspace a couple of hours ago. The confused, anxious, and desperate "you" at night is a different person in the morning. Trust me, I've been there. A COUPLE OF TIMES. AGAIN. AND. AGAIN.   


So kids, if you ever find yourself in the middle of the night, particularly at 2am. Don't do anything stupid. Just go to bed.


xoxo 

Grace




Comments

Popular Posts