Run 10K With Me - Hoka Midnight Run Asia


I swear this run was a bit unprepared coz I didn't get a wink of sleep before as I was coming from my sister's birthday party. The party ended at 8pm and the gunstart was 12mn. I was traveling from one place to another with different agendas. I was goddamn tired! 

ALSO RANT TIME!!!

I booked a room at Lub d Makati since it was the nearest one to the venue. Coming straight from my night shift, I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep when I arrived around 2:30 PM.

I was told to wait because they “didn’t have any available rooms yet,” which I honestly didn’t understand because… isn’t that the whole point of booking ahead of time? But okay, I waited patiently. I followed up a second time and was told to wait again. After another 20 minutes, I was starting to lose my patience because I had somewhere else to be in about an hour, and I still hadn't even unpacked.

So, I went back to the reception for the third time and voiced my concern. Call me a bitch if you want, but I genuinely felt like I wasn't being accommodated properly. I had seen other guests arrive and get accommodated right away, so I couldn't help but wonder what was going on.

If I hadn't gone back to the reception and spoken to a different staff member, I probably would've kept waiting because apparently, the room I needed was already AVAILABLE. They just never got back to me about it, and I ended up wasting a good amount of time waiting around.


The hotel itself is actually pretty cute, and I would've loved to stay here again. Unfortunately, this experience really left a bad taste in my mouth.


So yeah… never agaaaaain. 



Anyway going back to this actual blog lol sorry for the long rant. 


My sister's party got extended, but I had to leave early to prepare for the run so I went back to the hotel. Barely had time to chill T^T Grabe ang schedule lol 

I met up with my runner friends, and we headed to the race village together. It was packed! Today, we all signed up to run the 10K. This was also my official 10K race for the year, so I brought out my Hoka Mach X2s for the occasion so I could feel like I truly belonged even though I’m still totally biased toward my Evo SL heheheh

Like the usual drill, dropped off our bags at the counter, did some last-minute warm-ups, and then went to the assembly area. 


here's us just chilling while we wait for the gunstart!


The race kicked off not long after. I tried to keep my pace slow and steady, and I managed to run 3K straight! That was a huge accomplishment for me because it was my first time running that distance nonstop.

You might be thinking, “Wait, you’ve been running for a year and you still walk?"Yaaasss, because even after all this time, I would usually just stop running whenever I got too tired. That whole 3K was already a challenge for me, so being able to keep going and actually pull it off? I felt like I was on fireeee!

There were DJ booths along the route, which made the run so much livelier! It was also my first time running at midnight, and honestly, I think organizers should have more midnight races like this.

No heat from the sun, you get to finish while it’s still dark, and best of all, you still have your entire Sunday ahead of you. The only downside, though, is that since it’s nighttime, some routes and streets aren’t well-lit, so you might need to bring a flashlight or use your phone’s flashlight. 


I was doing pretty okay until it started raining. I wanted to enjoy the rain, but then it started getting into my nose, and I was struggling to breathe. LMAO. 

I think it was around KM 8, if I’m not mistaken, and the rain continued until the 10K mark. From there, my walk breaks became more frequent. But hey, I still finished the race in 1 hour and 25 minutes, so okay pa din!


Met up with my friends after the race. It was muddy, wet, and we were all completely soaked but honestly, it was such a fun experience!  I think another thing I need to work on is learning how to run and get more comfortable running in the rain. I can’t always be walking every time it starts raining hehe akala mo talaga sya ohhh!



the medal looks so cool! 



selfieeee


And ofc gotta do my signature pose!!!!



That's all for today! 
See you on my next blog



xoxo
Grasya



Comments

Popular Posts