Mid Year Life Update

You probably notice that most entries I do are about life updates because honestly, I got no other blogs to post. But since I feel like going back to writing, I'm here to share what went down from the start of the year up until July 2022. 


This is gonna be one heck of a lengthy post so if you feel like staying and wasting your time keep on reading!

ang lapad vebs charizzz!




January, I finally received my Levi Ackerman Nendoroid that I pre-ordered way back in June of 2021. This is my second addition to my starting collection of Nendos. It was the peak of Attack on Titan S4 last year when it aired. Everyone, including me, was all hyped about it. The slots for the pre-orders were almost full when I placed mine. And after so many months of waiting, it is here! I can hardly wait to put this on display once my room is done. 

And since we are already talking about AOT, I'll show you my OxygnxAOT collab merch. I got their Levi T-shirt, their Survey Corps cap, and a jacket. I was jumping with excitement when these arrived in the mail!


From an outsider's point of view, this might seem a little weird. And believe me, I got a lot of snide remarks about this hobby. Like, it's a waste of money, they are not real, etc. 



I'm just gonna say, "try harder". Shoving the reality into my face won't hurt me. 
Let people enjoy things geez.


Came April, I had the opportunity to attend Cosplay Carnival. This is my first time going to a con after the pandemic. Went there all geared up with, of course, my Survey Corps jacket on! Never felt so belonged to a community before. Everyone there was so nice and they really went all out with the costumes. Met a lot of cosplayers too but the main goal was to actually buy anime merch! I bought a Levi and Eren fanarts and had a quick chit-chat with the artist Shibaruirui. I love her works! They're always all over my Tiktok FYP. I also got a Card Captor Sakura coaster, and a chibi Mikasa keychain




Dyed my hair twice in 2 months! Personally, it was like my coping mechanism. When I get stressed or just down, it's always gonna be my poor hair that takes all the blame. Or just when I'm in the mood expect a new bob or a color change. You know what they say, "if you can't change your surroundings, change your hair". 



Met up with a different group of friends too.
I cannot be the only one who has certain friend groups.
- the downright bad and naughty circle, the spontaneous ones.
- the sosyal circle, the ones you usually meet in a cafe or expensive restaurants.
-the high school & college friends who luckily, are still connected with you.
- the ones you go to for life advice.
We might vibe differently, but the love I have for these people is 
rather unexplainable!



My first staycation this year was with my best friend and his college buddies who became my friends too! They kind of like took me in, like a stray cat. 
But now we're just all hanging out like we've known each other all our lives.
And if there's one thing I love the most about this group is that everyone likes music. Like is even an understatement. THEY LOVE MUSIC!
So much that our usual bonding would be jamming together or going to karaoke.
They are my go-to people whenever I write songs. Especially my best friend, Bill. He'd help me out with the chord arrangement and how to make the song sound better. It's nice having these kind of people who shares the same passion as you.

Going back to my story, we stayed at Selah Garden located in Pasay. It's actually one of the hotels Bill's mom manages. So we got discounts!
Our room is called Stellar Room, it's a loft type of bedroom that has 2 Queen size beds and a King size bed. This 45sqm room can house up to 6 guests. Just enough for the group.
A 3D2N stay was worth it. We swam and had good and sumptuous food.
Staffs were very accommodating too! They also offer fun activities such as wall climbing and zip line to name a few.  




One of the highlights of this blog is probably this!

My whole fam was shocked when my sister broke the news to us that she's pregnant last year in November. We literally came from checking and hearing the baby's heartbeat through a doppler, from getting his first picture through ultrasound, to having her Gender Reveal in April, to finally giving birth to her son. It was a rollercoaster of emotions. I was just praying that Ate and the baby would be fine after the delivery. At the last minute, in the operating room, she was left with no choice but to go through a C-section since the baby was too big. 
I remember rubbing her belly before she went to the hospital asking her son to not make it too hard. I think he listened. 
He is a bouncing and healthy baby boy.
Thank you Kai for not making Ate suffer so much. 

Welcome to the outside world, Gennady Kai Isenheim!
The rest of the fam is still confused by your name so they're sticking with Bogart lol
But you will always be my patatas since you looked exactly like one when you were born. I hope you'll be someone who has a generous and sincere heart when you grow up. Tita Grasya will be here to support you or make you cry
 but lovingly !!!



Still, in April, our company had asked us to report back to the office. 
While commuting and being on-site may be rather costly, I did enjoy it because I can have a social life lol
Now don't get me wrong working from home is good. It's comfortable and has fewer expenses but seeing your officemates and being all loud is what I truly miss. These photos were taken on our first day back at the office. 


Unfortunately, this will not be for long. Our company will be laying us off by June.
The pandemic did damage the business thus, us being let go.



Enjoying the remaining days we have left!




In the last week, we all swore to drink together every day after our shifts.
And we did just that!


Photos were taken each day of the week.
The team got closer since then, everyone was down to literally anything. 
We would talk about life, love, and even the most random stuff you could think of. I was never a fan of beers so I opted for cocktails. Different drinks each day. 
At one point, I think I got to taste every cocktail available on their menu.

Came the last day, I did not put on my usual eyeliner because I knew I will be crying. :( We had a small farewell party. I got all teary-eyed while some talked about their most memorable moment during their stay. 

I think the saddest for me was when I shut down my computer and packed my office stuff. This company accepted me despite my irrelevant work experience. They took me in and made me so much better. I will always be grateful to Intrado for honing my skills and giving me experience that can be useful for my next job. To the management, for being patient and helpful. They saw potential I didn't know I have. To my workmates who became family, thank you for the friendship.

I will miss you all and I wish nothing but success in your next job and in life. ♥ 


To these three who stuck with me through my lowest.
TL Yssa, Xander and Muy. (Yoyo and RK)
and to the new addition to the family, Sadae.
Thank you for making my stay in the company enjoyable and worthwhile. Work became manageable because you were all there. 
Whatever happens in the future, I hope you will all be happy and successful.
From the bottom of my heart, I love you guys!♥




Came July, we had another staycation!
This time it's for Bill's birthday celebration. I already made a blog about this so 
just click here if you want to read more about it!


In the last week of July, we went to Baguio which I also made a post recently.



and that wraps up my mid-year life update!
A lot has happened already and with a few more sleeps, we'll hear 
Jose Marie Chan!!! 

And since we are all caught up, I will be back on my monthly blog entry series starting with August. 


Did you skip some parts?
Did you read it all?

If yes, then thank you!
Just you scrolling here is enough for me :)

Have a great rest of your day everyone!









xoxo

Grace






Comments

Popular Posts