Antipolo Day Trip: Cloud9 + Kaulayaw Coffee



On a random Saturday morning, my good old friend Aya invited me to Antipolo. If you've been reading my monthly blogs, I mentioned him a lot of times before. We've known each other since High School and to this day, we still meet very often. Can't believe this bitch loves my company so much lol 

He told me he wanted me to try something there, the hanging bridge in Cloud9. He's well aware I have fear of heights but still had the audacity to suggest it. But I said yes, because why not? I was feeling adventurous that day despite having barely 2 hrs of sleep from my shift the night before. Honestly, haven't been going to Antipolo that much so I have quite a number of reasons to say yes to this spontaneous trip. In short kaladkarin lang talaga ako.

We met up at Buendia Station and took the LRT to D. Jose. Switched to LRT2 and got off at the last station which was Antipolo Station. Ngayon na lang ulit ako nakapag LRT/MRT after pandemic omgg!

Rode a UV to Antipolo Church coz we got to be blessed💅 first. There's a wedding going on when we went! Lit up a candle and offered prayers. Indeed a refreshing way for us to start our day. 💗

We walked our way to the jeepney terminal going to Cloud9. 

The weather was a bit cloudy, with some light drizzle. I instantly got scared walking beneath the hanging bridge. Looking at it from down below made me almost back out. But I wasn't there to spoil the fun so we paid the entrance fee of Php100 (if I'm not mistaken).

photo or it never happen lol

Loving the viewwww♥

We headed to the platform after. Waited a couple more minutes too.

Was trying to cheer myself up!

Desperately calming myself and trying not to panic or else I'll cry!!!! The last time I tried walking across a hanging was in Masungi and that was years ago! Never have I ever focused on my foot and hand rhythm like my life depends on it! It became scarier when you're almost at the top. I even pulled out my phone and took a vid just so I can distract myself. The sad news is I didn't get to enjoy the view, but I'd rather make it through the end alive than go sightseeing lol

And I fucking made it! Another step to overcoming my fear. I think I can go skydiving at this point. hell nah 


So a mass of couples welcomed us at the top viewing deck posing all cutesy and shit for the camera. Nice. Lovely view indeed. The air up there even smelled different. Smelled like love bombs, situationships, and bullshit. 

Charot hahahahaha

Grasya stop being salty!

Us after using a handful of wipes, and disinfecting because the railings were so rusty!


We barely had a spot to take our own photos 😅had to ask some people to move over a bit lol 

and this is me doing the pokpok pose because I survived!



The picturan mo ko kunware emote pose.😂


Side note: Saw some people writing on the floor which is not allowed!! Declaring their love for each other by doing something prohibited? Seriously. Sana okay lang kayo. Can't you just enjoy the view? 

We didn't stay that long since more and more people were coming. The deck was quite crowded already. 

Went down and headed to Kaulayaw Coffee to have dinner. We were starving!! All that uphill walk and the hanging bridge drained tf out of me juskolord 

Waited for almost an hour in line. 

Probably, one of the most beautiful restaurants I've been to. The interior felt homey and relaxing. They have a viewing deck too! Overlooking the city. 


We got a table near the deck for the ultimate viewing experience! 

Daming mag jowa na naman tapos kami ng tropa ko tamang bardagulan with a view lang lol

Look how beautiful the sky is♥ Give off "Lavender Haze" vibes!

I got their Pesto, and a Spanish Latte (Matcha wasn't available 😭) while Aya had Chicken Inasal, we also ordered this toast with grilled cheese for us to share. For dessert, we had Strawberry Cake. Couldn't recall the names on the menu. Sorry! 

Overall, I enjoyed the Pesto I think it costs around Php350-ish? The waiting time was approximately 15-20 minutes. Not bad for a jampacked restaurant. Given we went there on a late Saturday afternoon. 








To sum it all up, it's a nice experience and I'd love to go back. But on the other hand, would love to try other cafes and restaurants in the area! We spent around Php1,500 for the meal. A bit pricey but the food is good. I'll rate it hmm like 8.8/10 siguro

Commuting can be a little tiring though. Kindly greet my back, and my knees they'll be turning 87 tomorrow lol 

Anyway, this unplanned trip wouldn't be possible without my dear friend, Aya. Thanks so much for tagging me along! I had fun 💖😁

We're almost done with January, and I'm liking how things are turning out right now. I swear I'll make more short trips/vacations this year so hopefully, I'll be able to do it. 


See ya on my January dump blog!


Til next time

xoxo

Grace





















Comments

Popular Posts