Bobapalooza Music Festival

 Ticking another one off my bucket list! This girl finally got to attend a Music Festival, courtesy of Bobapalooza!





Here's what went down. 

So Bobapalooza is a music and art festival held at Circuit Makati Event Grounds and for a first-timer like me to have a VIP tix, was overwhelming! Given my lack of knowledge of OPM bands, (I know, sucker right???) I'd very much prefer a regular ticket but if you have friends who are suckers of OPM bands like I do, you would get dragged into it. So yeah complains though because to say I had fun was an understatement!!

They got tons of perks for VIP ticket holders such as free merch, free drinks, and food, access to a VIP toilet, priority lanes, and of course, a better viewing experience. 

We were in line around 3pm. The weather was looking a bit gloomy and it even drizzled for a little while. Thought it was gonna be a rainy and muddy event but honestly, don't mind getting soaked, just worried about my gadgets lol thankfully, it stopped even before we got inside the venue. 

So here's the lineup.




Group photo!

Looked for our spot, and laid out the tiny scarf I had brought so we could have something to sit on. There were no seat plans, you could bring anything like picnic mats, and bean bags. Very Coachella vibes!


in addition to that, you'd be given this cute pamphlet that could give you a raffle entry if you complete all the stamps. Raffle prizes such as Bobapaloza 2024 tickets, a business franchise, and a lot more. 

Bongga dibaaa?

So moving on....

Roamed around the venue first to get food but all the lines in every stall were so long. The only thing I had throughout the whole event was a free beer and an overpriced small bottle of water 😭

I also didn't bother completing all the stamps but dropped by Relx to get a free lanyard lol. Vape is lifer!!


So we sat down and relaxed a bit, the venue was soo huge it was tiringgg. Everyone was dressed to impress, and I was just thankful, I didn't go for a long sleeve top that I initially planned on wearing because it was too hot. Thanks, self.


and before we knew it, we were jumping, screaming, and singing to our hearts' contents.🙌


Quite an experience!!!! It's so much different watching them perform all the songs live, and not just on Spotify or Youtube. And the whole time I was thinking, how do they all not forget the lyrics lol my dumbass will probably stand there clueless after the first verse. 


Some of my fave highlights from the concert:

1.) Hearing the guitar solo part in "Di Na Muli" by Itchyworms. - I love Janine's version tbh piyesa ko to sa karaoke, and my best friend told me they're the original writer of the song. But damn that guitar solo !!! Got me all the feels. It has a bittersweet taste of vibe. Emote malala!

2.) The sea of Fuck You by Tanya Markova lol. instead of cheers, he asked us to raise all our middle fingers in the air. I was like, itabi mo ako na to

3.) Watching Kamikazee performed "Halik"!!!!!

4.) Hearing "Tulog Na" by Ebe Dancel live. One of my go-to comfort songs. I play this on my ukulele too.

5.) December Avenue! I sat down during their act because yall not gonna expect me to jump while they were playing slow tempo, pang senti na kanta kelangan mag emote!


6.) The girl from the audience who got to duet "Pangarap Lang Kita" w/ Chito!! I was soo ready to risk it all. Ready sana ako mag bidabida at mag volunteer when he asked for someone from the crowd. But she sang so nicely and she's soo pretty pa! Chito hugged her too at the end. asdfgghjk!!!!

7.) "Bagsakan"!!!!! The dude who rapped Francis M's part nailed it!!! Angas mo lods pero mas maangas yung nag Gloc9, bilis mag rap 1st verse pa lang nasa 2nd na sya, Gloc10 eh

8.) Someone proposed on stage and the crowd was telling ate girl to say no lol grabe kayoooo Congratsss though!

Have I been living under a rock? I didn't know a music festival could be this fun! My friends and I enjoyed it a lot. Para sa hinatak lang ako pa ata pinaka nag enjoy. I was jumping non-stop for hours and almost got a leg cramp kingina pero solid. Tamang babad ang tita nyo sa foot massage pag uwi wahahaha


But really, I would love to attend one again! 10000000000000000/10. Hopefully, get to see Ben & Ben next time tapos mag eemote ako sa "Susunod na Habang Buhay" hehe

that's all for today's blog!


xoxo

Grace












Comments

Popular Posts