How I Got My 3rd & 4th Tattoos!



This is perhaps the most spontaneous thing I've ever done in my whole life.

 August 12th, I was supposed to stay home that Saturday, but I got to talking with my friend, Jobelle and we ended up meeting for a brunch at Kapitolyo. I remember that the Tattoo Studio where I had my first two was just around the area so I asked her if she would like to get some tattoos which she was totally down for lol 



I sent PintaDon Tattoo Studio a message that same morning, knowing they're always booked on weekends, I didn't set my hopes up for a slot. I was mainly trying my luck. I sent them the designs that I had on my old phone. Buti dala ko! and they happened to have an ongoing promo for their Anniversary. MEANT TO BE!!! On top of the free minimalist tattoo, we will also get a 10% discount for bringing a friend. Initially, they told us that they might have to book us for separate time slots since they were fully booked that day. We said it was fine if one of us had to wait. We were just soo hyped to get inked.


We stayed at her condo's penthouse to kill some time while playing Ukulele. Then headed to the Studio at 1pm. 

Upon entering the Studio, there were indeed a lot of people. The staff assisted us with our reservation, while the other one printed out our designs for sizing preferences. It wasn't too long til Jobelle got called to the "operating room" LOL

I wasn't really sure about the placement until the very last minute. Such little time to think about a permanent decision pero ginusto ko to dibaaa?? so I just went with my left ankle and arm. I've heard that the ankle spot can be painful but I couldn't care less at this point. If I'm getting hurt at least it's something I want lolol

Quick restroom selfie while waiting for my turn.


Don, was my artist that day. When he saw my other tattoos he asked me where I got them and I confidently said, "Here, last year". Told him, Neil was my artist before who coincidentally was in charge of Jobelle. 

Everyone there was just so cool and most of the customers were women!!!! I repeat WOMEN! Isn't it nice seeing women taking over something that was traditionally for men's art expression? I barely saw a male customer. 

He laid me down on the chair and started with my left arm. I was wearing shorts and they were nice enough to hand me a blanket for my legs +100!!! 

I didn't anticipate how painful it would be, it was an 8/10. I was shaking for the first few minutes because of the pain lol It got tolerable though and it was a tiny one so I'll live. 


Then we moved to my left ankle. I was silently praying it wouldn't be as painful as the first. Well, it was, lol in fact a little more like an 8.5/10. You would certainly feel the needle piercing through your skin and bone. 

I got two Angel tattoos because of my mom and brother. As all of you know, they're both in Heaven and this is my way of remembering them. "Angel'" is also part of my middle name. 



The whole session lasted for about 40 minutes. After that, Jobelle and I sat down to make some chika then we were asked to have our photos taken along with the artists! 

Nice to see you again, Neil!


And Jobelle got these. 


Since I'm a returning customer, they gave me a loyalty card na nakaka pressure kase gusto ko yun makumpleto!!! Who knows I might get a 5th one before the year ends. Also, they issued me a new Referral card so if any of you want to get inked, DM me!!


My dad who absolutely had zero idea I was getting tattoos went mad lol but when I told him the reason behind it, he calmed down. A LITTLE. He was still furious and like every parent would say, "binababoy mo lang katawan mo". Well, he said as long as it's not a huge one. WAHAHAHAHAHA OKAY


I really do recommend PintaDon Tattoo Studio!! The fact that they squeezed us in despite the late notice was remarkable. The whole experience was surreal and I enjoyed every bit of it. Will I get a spontaneous tattoo again? HELL YES!


xoxo

Grasya






Comments

Popular Posts