How My December Went





 December was my fave month of all. We got Christmas, New Year's Eve, and the day where I feel the most special, my birthday. This time last year I was feeling a bit sulky and uncelebrated. I'm big on birthdays but I feel like that has lessened now. Maybe it's the fact that growing old isn't fun and nothing is ever more exciting than an additional number of candles on your cake.


On the first week of December, Gail and I met for a pre-birthday brunch at Baristart Coffee in BGC. This was my first time having a matcha cream puff and blessed the hands that made this coz it was THAT GOOD. Just a tad bit expensive but you get what you paid for. We both agreed to celebrate this early before we get busy with the holiday madness. Thank you, bestie for the gifts!

Stevie got me this AoT coaster too! Thank you.


We also got some refreshments as we strolled along the High Street. 


I share my birth month with my late brother and aunt so we cooked a little something for them. 

If you think I'm done with the AI lol here's more!

They looked so weird but these are the most decent ones! The images I used as a cover photo for this blog are all me. Organic and the voluptuous me. Please believe me, Please...

This is what you call ROI. lol


I took a week-long vacation from work and never have I ever experienced being allowed to take a week off in my entire employment history. LIKE EVER. so this feels nice and timely since I was able to have some extra time to do last-minute Christmas shopping and also to celebrate my birthday which happens to fall on a Wednesday. If my birthday only didn't fall in December, I'd probably go somewhere nice, maybe travel but fares, and rates are undeniably much higher because of the holiday. Not to mention, hotels and Airbnbs' are mostly fully booked. So there's that... 

Thought I deserved some pancakes after going around Landmark and Glorietta for 3 hours. I wasn't able to finish this though, nalipasan na ata ako. I swear Katherine's Cafe is becoming more of my go-to place when in Glorietta simply because they always have an available seat. EVEN DURING THE HOLIDAY RUSH! 

Shopping alone and commuting your way back home during the holiday sucks big time. I waited for a solid 2 hours on foot for a cab to come. Grab was no luck either. No one was accepting. 


Pancakes + Tired selfie

On the day of my birthday, my sister gifted me another set of eyeglasses that I've been wanting to have. She also took me out to lunch at Buca de Beppo, it's my nephew's fave restaurant and I've been bugging her to take me here. 

The interior of this restaurant is impeccable! The food is so good. Poypoy's fave was the Lasagna and he couldn't be more wrong, it was sumptuous. He got some mad tastebuds for a one-year-old lol 


Here's me forcing my love to this tiny little human!!

You better start acting right or else you'll be cut out of the will once your Tita marries rich.

Not gonna happen anytime soon but what do I know? lol

Then I gave in to the Llao-Llao craze and tried it since there was nobody in line (which was a miracle!!) It's good but maybe not the kind I would spend hours in line for like what I'd seen in other malls. I also think it's a bit expensive lol or am I just poor? I go for the latter. 

This was a memorable birthday for me. It's a small celebration with the people I love the most. All thanks to my sister!! Also, wanna take this opportunity to thank everyone who greeted me and gave me gifts. Y'all are appreciated. 😘

On the last day of my week-long leave, my friends and I went out for some breakfast at dawn. Literally woke up at 3am for this. Headed to Pocofino Cafe in BGC, they're open 24/7!

We also went to Goto Tendon to have some congee since the weather was a bit chilly and there was a slight drizzle that morning. 


Nothing beats the smell of the newly opened gift wrapper sheets!!! Christmas has made my spirits bright and my wallet light ever since I started working lol it's therapeutic though and I like doing them. 


2 days before Christmas, I met up with my college friends, Aya and Alvin! It has been a while since we last saw each other.  

Unplanned matching outfits with the bae! Had lunch at Yoshinoya and stayed at UCC for the remaining hours of the day. (ps. sorry for the awkward crop on the 4th pic, I did my best lol)


Came Christmas Eve. We cooked some Sweet & Sour Pork, Marinated Chicken, my Aunt's special homemade Embutido, and the usual Spaghetti with Bechamel Sauce. 

Gave my gifts and I also received some from my cousins. 💕

Did some karaoke and had some booze on the side. It was a simple Christmas celebration with my fam. 




For my Netflix Department

I was able to finish "The Big Bang Theory" and it was the best decision ever! I remember watching it for the first time in October and having a tough time understanding the kind of humor that they wanted to go with for the show. 

On the actual Christmas Day, I stream all the holiday special episodes of it. I'M NOT KIDDING.

Sorry if you haven't seen or are planning to watch the show, YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART.

I've seen HIMYM and FRIENDS but out of all three, this show has the strongest ending. It's perfect in every way I could imagine. They didn't even need some mind-blowing plot twists for the finale. It was just positive and heartfelt. I wish they could do more seasons but apparently, Jim, the actor who played Sheldon wanted to leave the show for good. I don't blame him though as much as I love the show, a part of me thinks it ended at the right time. 

As of writing, I may have had around 4-5 reruns of the show. it's addicting once you get the gist of it. For me, I became more hooked when the ladies joined in around Season 3. I saw how Sheldon grew out of his shell. How he became a caring, understanding, and loving partner to Amy. Sure he still has his quirks but that's just Sheldon being Sheldon. The thing I love the most about these two is their communication. He wasn't always the flawless partner to Amy but when he realized he was in the wrong, he'd do something about it, the same goes for Amy. A simple act but shows how they value and respect each other. 


I started singing "Soft Kitty" to my nephew every time and he also came to love it. Once he hears me singing it, he'll have a huge grin on his face. I'd sing it to him even on video calls and he'd stop from crying. I seriously hope he won't grow tired of it. 😝


Saying goodbye to this show was indeed heartbreaking and if given a chance, I wish to see it for the first time again. This show sits at the top of my list! Now I just need someone who has the same appreciation and addiction to this series lol


After finishing the show and a couple more. I figured it's about time I start "Young Sheldon", which is the spin-off prequel of TBBT. I love how they incorporated the plot of TBBT into YS. Little things, like why Sheldon ended up using the word "coitus", and why he hated Engineering, etc. Heck, they even cast the perfect actors to play the young versions of them. Jim Parsons' even does the voice-over for this show and I got to hear Amy and Howard as special guests in some episodes! NOSTALGIAAA!! I'm still on Season 5 so I'll gush more of the show once I'm all caught up!


As the last month of the year 2023 ended, I couldn't help but feel a little sad but at the same time proud.  It was a year of acceptance, cutting off connections, and forgiving one's self. Indeed a bittersweet goodbye.


To appease the Gods of good fortune and wealth here's a photo of me surfing in my Christmas PJs.

(ps. not edited)


xoxo
Grasya






 




Comments

Popular Posts