Circus Music Festival 3 Day 1 & 2


 Hi kids, today your mama will tell you a story of her failed attempt to stand all through 12 hours on foot for a 2-Day music festival. 


I remember Ben&Ben was the main reason I badly wanna go to this concert, they were initially on the lineup but since it got rescheduled they weren’t able to make it. I'm still glad they added Adie and JK though so all was fine. 

Day 1 - the gates were opened as early as 8am but we still had to check in at our Airbnb at 2pm and for that, we missed some artists in the morning that I wanna see live like Orange & Lemons, Sunkissed Lola, Nobita and The Juans!!! I also just clocked out from work that same day and hadn't had a wink of sleep yet but I just soldiered it through. There were still a lot of acts left to enjoy. 

Upon checking in, we all changed and then took a cab to Circuit Makati Event Grounds. 

Went around a little. The last time I was here was for the Bobbapalooza Music Fest!

We got here just in time for Mayonnaise. I believe this was around 4pm. They sang some of their famous hits like "Kapag Lasing Malambing", "Tayo Na Lang Dalawa", and of course the timeless, "Jopay".

The next act was JK!!!!! One of the artists I'm looking forward to seeing live. I find his songs unique, honest and soulful. He grew more famous after releasing, "Ere" last year and he is only 23! 

Such a young, gifted man and I swear he got the rizz on stage! Nothing is ever more attractive than a man overflowing with such passion, confidence, and talent. His live performances are way better than the studio versions. I swear this kid is going places. 

He performed "Shot Puno", "Buwan", "Demonyo" and ofc "Ere" which was highly received by the crowd including me! I love "Ere" so much and hearing it live gave me chills! Not to mention the adlibs he added to it. Such a cherry on top.

After him, 6 Cyclemind was up then followed by Kean Cipriano. My legs were starting to hurt so I sat for a bit.

I may be tired but not too tired to buy myself a beer 😌

They had a short break before Freestyle came onto the stage. It’s officially Tito’s and Tita’s era, not the headbanging, singing-on-top-of-your-lungs type of music. Can’t twerk to “Before I Let You Go” and “Maybe This Time” right? lol They did a cover of “Sky Full of Stars” by Coldplay too! The stage and lights looked so colorful. 

Tito/Tita era continued with Southborder, it was a sweet and chill vibe. They sang “Rainbow” and ofc my personal favorite, “Love of My Life” which would be nice if I had someone to enjoy the song with. Like a husband. No not a boyfriend, those are a pain in the ass. And if I’m going to imagine myself with a man, whoever that is, better wife me up. This ghorl is tired and how am I gonna keep addressing my readers as my kids if there will be no someone to procreate with? Sorry future kids, momma has it tough! Just keep swimming for now. 



We are getting a little sidetracked! So yeaah after Southborder, there was another break and while waiting for Ely to come up on stage, there was a kiss cam zooming in on people in the crowd. That was sweet, hilarious, and undeniably frustrating to watch lol

The rest of the gang went back to our unit while Ruth and I stayed a little longer. By this time, I could feel my legs more tired and I was exhausted from all the standing I had to do. It was past 10 pm and Ely was one of the main acts of the night alongside Silent Sanctuary.

Anywaaaay, I was looking forward to seeing is Ely Buendia. Hearing “Spolarium” live gave me goosebumps! He also performed “Alapaap”, “Huling El Bimbo”, “Pare Ko”, “Magasin”, “Ligaya”, It was nostalgic af!

There had been some feedback on the sound system since the morning and I was so glad Ely called them out on it. It was minimized but still a little audible. 

When Silent Sanctuary came on, I tried waiting for them to sing “Ikaw Lamang” since it was a high school fave! But my 53-year-old legs couldn’t stay long enough so after seeing “Kundiman” and “Sa’yo” we left. I was just so tired. 

Done with Day 1! 


Back to our unit, we rested a bit before hopping on the shower to wash up then headed to bed.


The next morning, Jobelle, the Monica in our group, took it upon herself to cook brunch for us. Such a caring woman! Bill and I watched a couple episodes of TBBT. Yeah he is also a fan and I love getting all nerd about the show to him coz I know he understands! When the eyelids became heavier, we took a nap. 😴 


And woke up around 4pm lol We were so late and had missed a lot of acts. Took a quick shower, dolled up, and took off. 

Quick mirror selfie while waiting for the elevator.


Got there by 5pm-ish and Cup of Joe was on! I have never seen them live nor listened to their music before. But they were soo energetic and entertaining on stage. I think I may have been a fan that day.

 

Pic or it didn’t happen!

Next was Parokya ni Edgar. Saw them last year!! And I love how they are always a fun-loving band on stage. 

The crowd interaction was great and I think it’s because of how long they’ve been playing together. Chito was hilarious! They sang some of their classics like “Halaga”, “Harana”, “Para Sa’yo”, “Silvertoes” (yeah they did!!), and the most lit of all, “Bagsakan” which he sang with two other people from the crowd! The woman gave Francis M’s part justice! Lodicakes! 😎


Their set came to an end and we were waiting for Kamikazee when my best friend, Bill passed out so we walked him to the medical booth to have him checked. Turns out his sugar level and blood pressure dropped. The last time we all ate was brunch and I for one could go long periods without food but it’s the opposite for him. We were all worried sick! Kids, see, this is what happens when you skip meals. You lose your energy! 

Anyway, we bought him food and I think it’s a good thing that Kamikazee was performing since no one was lining up on food stalls lol ya know again… silver linings…after eating we stayed a little more to rest and let Bill have his energy back. 

And yes, we did miss the whole Kamikazee performance, we could hear them singing inside the booth though. Jay as always, giving his all on stage! 


After what seemed like an hour, and Bill was feeling much better, we headed back outside. We all sat at the back to avoid the crowd and we talked about his experience. The only conclusion we could add to the table was, signs of aging lol your Tito couldn’t keep up anymore 🤣 we were all laughing about it. But honestly, that’s scary and I’m just glad he got back up in no time! 

Talked a little more and they decided to stay while I rushed my way to the stage because it was Adie’s turn! I have never seen him live and I've been crushing on him so obv wouldn’t miss it for the world. 


I joined the crowd and I could already hear women screaming. Girl, I get it he is cute like a button and smells of talc powder. I swear!! He gave off that kind of energy on stage and he serenaded us with “Tahanan”, “Paraluman”, and “Mahika”. 

Selfie with him at the back!!

 

Every couple in sight was all canoodling with each other. It was a… pleasant sight. 

Nvm at least I saw Adie live I would be smiling in my sleep now. 


We also got Al James yeah yuhhh! Way to make the crowd alive again! Adie’s set was so mellowing I forgot na maangas pala ako. Thank Al James for singing “PSG” lol he went on and sang a couple more of his hits. Excited to hear “Ngayong Gabi” but he didn’t perform it. Pinapractice ko pa naman yon!! Hayst! 

Zack Tabudlo was the last act of the night. A lot of people already left, Ruth also accompanied me by this time and we were basically on the front side of the stage. 

He started his set with “Nangangamba” and made everyone jump to “Habang Buhay”. He also called Al James on stage to sing “Gusto”. For the last act, I think there was some pressure to keep the crowd engaged and entertained and he was doing it smoothly with his unmatched energy and lively demeanor on stage. 

He was jumping around, playing with his guitar. I love it when musicians get lost in their music! So after a couple more songs and annoyingly sweet little shoutouts to his girlfriend, he ended the night with “Binibini” got off the stage then went to the crowd at the front where I got to touch him. Such a fun night!

Met up with Bill and Jobs after and took a couple more pics!      

Random Christmas Tree on the way out because apparently we Pinoys and as Taylor said, "We can leave our Christmas lights til January" so we took it seriously. It was beautiful though. 

We were approached by a couple of people on our way out and interviewed us about our concert experience. I honestly don’t remember their name or what to look up on the internet so yeah there’s that.. somewhere out there was a video of me screaming lol


Hopped in the car and dropped by Tealive to get some food before we headed back to the unit.

Despite standing for long periods, we still had some energy left so we played “Drunk Card” lol we were sober all right but played it like some drunkards! 

*sips on my passion fruit tea*


Woke up the next day and prepped to check out. 

Wore my TBBT shirt!!!

So that kids, is how your mother tired herself out for two days. It was super fun though and if one day you can attend music festivals like this, then do it!! I hope you grow to love music as much as your mother does. 

And to everyone who finished this blog, thank you! I’m not sure why you are here but I appreciate your time. 


Maybe we can watch a music festival together soon?


Peace out!




xoxo

Grasya


Comments

Popular Posts