July 2024 Blog Diary

 Hey kids, welcome to my July 2024 blog diary. 

Here's how it went:

First on the list was The Harvard Din & Tonics' free concert, an Acappella group currently on their 2-month World Tour. The first leg of their Asia tour was the Philippines and I accidentally found out about this through Elio's (one of the members of Dins) Tiktok account. THAT SAME DAY. I hurriedly rushed to Makati Medical Center, and I couldn't be more thankful that I pushed myself to the gym; otherwise, I'd have been snoring away and missed the whole thing. Anyway, so Elio - he is my crush amongst all the members of the Dins and to see and to actually INTERACT with him was a dream come true!!! 

would you believe his MOM even commented on a video I posted about him??? it was a wholesome video of my nephew watching Elio's Copacabana performance that I showed him and Tita (wow Titaaa???) She said something like, "Oh, he is such a cute kid," and then she tagged Elio in the comments. As a result, he noticed me and also left a comment.💚 And I feel butterflies whenever he replies to and likes my comments on his videos. 

WHAT A NICE DAY TO BE ALIVE. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

If you have yet to see Elio, please watch this video. 


I also wrote a whole ass blog about the free concert+interactions with him and the Dins 

Enough of me fangirling,  we still have a lot to cover. 

My bestie sent out her official bridesmaid invitation and it looked so cool and kikay!


she even got our faces printed on this cookie!




I also tried going for a run, coz ya know... gotta work on my cardio too...😏

I've been so active at the gym!!

Even on days I didn't go, I'd try to do home workouts. 

Selfie compilation!!

Fast forward to the 20th, we celebrated my sister's birthday at Buca di Beppo. 

Me with the birthday girl!

Their Lasagna is good!! Poypoy loves it sm.

We also strolled on the High Street, played with my nephew, and got some beverages at CBTL before heading home. 



Just 2 days after that, my dear friend, Yoyo also celebrated her birthday. 

Her girlfriend had asked me to buy her some flowers and a cake. ♥ 

We ate at Ramen Nagi since birthday celebrants are free! It was also my first time trying out the black ramen and it was so delishhh! 

My sister also discovered a new coffee shop around our area called Dash Espresso. Their Biscoff Croffles are to die for!♥

We've also been frequenting this Ice Cream House near our neighborhood. This one has been ruining my diet all throughout July. -_-



The rainy season has arrived, and we recently went through a super typhoon. I'm truly thankful that we weren't as severely impacted as others. Even though it's cold outside, This made me feel anxious and I couldn't sleep peacefully knowing people were being swept away by the strong flood currents and pets being abandoned by their owners who were rescued. It was just all too much to take. How many more typhoons will we have to endure? My heart goes out to everyone who suffered from this. I hope we can all recover. 💕


July Camera Roll...

-work selfie

- played Sims only to uninstall it after a day coz honestly, I feel like I don't have much time to spend playing computer games

-forehead selfie while running (?)

-been pretty consistent with/ my Nihongo in Duolingo, Watashi wa Sutaaa mfs!!!

-an estetik cafe in SM Aura

-set a new record/closed my ring on my Fitness App

-digging the fries/cheese stick combo 

-did not go out as much aside from the gym and casual visits to see my nephew coz I'm such a clingy Tia♥



Let's go now to my Netflix Department


I finally finished watching "Modern Family"!!! after five months lol I had to pause for a short time to watch other movies in between so that's why but what I like the most about the show is their ability to balance humor and wit with heartfelt moments, not to mention the portrayal of different family structures. I still watch some funny clips from time to time. My most fave was this clip though. 

Cam and Mitchell's duo never fail to make me laugh!


I also started watching a classic long-running sitcom called "Seinfeld" - I've been pausing it from time to time because I still don't get the kind of humor they want to go with. I do not find it as funny but we'll see, I'm already on Season 2 so yuhh...



When Taylor said in her song "So High School" that she watches "American Pie" with Travis and she was "stifling her sighs" ghorll I ran to my laptop to watch it. I didn't know the whole film is about a bunch of horny teenagers making a pact to get laid on their prom. But I don't question you Taylor, I might try to watch the other sequels lol


The next movie was "Clueless" Yup I chose a classic chick flick. "Ew, as if" will never not be iconic. Also, why did no one tell me Paul Rudd was there??? Alicia is so pretty I wish I had her face! 



"A Family Affair" which was a star-studded film with Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron, and Joey King. I love the story, a little cliche but nothing over the top. It was also my first time seeing Zac Efron's chad version lol


I also squeezed Matt Rife's Nextflix Special called "Natural Selection". which was controversial upon its release. To be honest, I also did not like the way he joked about domestic violence. It did not sit right with me and I even thought of ending it after hearing it. But I kept going and it eventually became better, not as funny as his crowd work though - just my two cents.  

Last movie was called "Maharaja" - probably the most mind-blowing movie I've seen in a while. Just when you think the plot twists are done, another one comes along to surprise you. I had so many questions when the movie ended, I was just that dumbfounded by all the twists! Definitely a must watch.


now let's go to my Crime Docu department because I feel like I've seen a lot this month.

The first one was called, "The Man with 1,000 Kids" which was an intriguing series about the life of a man who has fathered at least over a thousand children through sperm donation. Yall it's crazy!! and the guy who did it is still actively uploading videos on Youtube explaining his side. In all seriousness, potential inbreeding can be a huge problem and should not be taken lightly. 


I also watched the second season of "The Worst Roommate Ever". A true crime series about the horrifying stories of people who have had terrible experiences with their roommates. Imagine living under the same roof with your killer? Each episode features a different case that can truly put you on the edge of your seat. I remember having some nightmares when I finished the first season!! 



"Ice Cold: Murder, Coffee and Jessica Wongso" is about the poisoning of Wayan. I have seen this on the news when it aired. The idea that someone you consider a friend could betray you and commit such a heinous act is unsettling. I might have petty arguments and misunderstandings with my friends, but I trust them enough that I don’t have to worry about something extreme like poisoning. Poor girl. 


"Take Care of Maya" - was about Maya who was taken by child protective services away from her family due to alleged medical child abuse against her own mother. The family is still in a court battle now with the hospital and the people behind it. I’ve been delaying watching this documentary for a long time, but it turned out to be such an emotional roller coaster.


Next one is called "Bad Surgeon", which is about a surgeon who has been involved in malpractice. He was so skilled at deceiving people, convincing them that the operation would be successful, only to watch them suffer and die a painful death. His "successful" operations were even televised at some point. It really makes you wonder how often medical malpractice actually happens. The patients involved might have lived longer if they hadn't undergone the surgery.


I also watched "Catching the Killer Nurse" which was about Charles Cullen, a nurse who was convicted of murdering patients by administering harmful chemicals to them. It's scary to think that the place intended to provide treatment and care could end up being the cause of your death. 

The last crime documentary I watched was "The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez", this was probably the most heartbreaking, I cried buckets when his siblings started telling stories of how he was abused by their mother and her boyfriend. They made him eat the cat's litter for fuxk's sake. :( Prior to his death, there were multiple times he was badly beaten up by his mom and boyfriend. They would even lock him up in a small cabinet for days. His teacher saw the bruises, the cigarette burns, and cuts all over his body and she was concerned enough to call the authorities but the social workers failed to do their job. It’s deeply unsettling that they were charged with negligence but ultimately let off by the court. THERE WERE MULTIPLE CALLS MADE TO DO A WELLFARE CHECK ON HIM! It could have been prevented. He was just an 8-year-old boy :( 



This turned dark rather quickly so let me share some songs I've been listening to recently.

Top Songs of this Month
1.) Hot To Go - Chappell Roan (good workout song!)
2.) Femininomenon - Chappell Roan (this one too haha!)
3.) Picture You - Chappell Roan (just listen to her full album atp lol also pls look for her live perf - she's good af)
4.) The Diner - Billie Eilish (the beat is siiicckkkk!!)
5.) Supernova - Aespa (helps me stay on top of my routine! no bs)
6.) Vienna - Billy Joel ("slow down you're doing fine~" ahh my new comfort song)





I think that is all for July. Thanks, kids for reading Mom's diary. I hope I can talk about you here in my blog too. To everyone, who is silently reading this. 
Thank you. 



xoxo
Grasya






































Comments

Popular Posts