Camping at Manuel Uy Beach Calatagan

Doing a quick blog post, before I get busy again with work.😭

This one has been long overdue but a girl got to rest.

 First trip to the beach this year! Apparently, I haven't gone to any beaches since the lockdown began. Bummer, right?


Soooo...


Came Saturday morning, I went to meet my friends after logging out from work the night before. Manuel Uy Beach is located in Calatagan, Batangas which is approximately a 3-4 hr drive from Manila. 


Got a quick breakfast at Jolibee! Also bought some last-minute camping necessities like insect repellant and wet wipes.

Arrived just in time for lunch. We met the rest there as they had to travel earlier than us to save the group slots. Apparently, Manuel Uy doesn't entertain reservations, only on a first-come, first-served basis. They also pitched our tents so we're pretty much all set! Thank you, guys! 

We had a samgyup set prepped by RK for our lunch!

Thankful for the sunny weather!

Changed into my swimsuit, and bathed in the sun before taking a dip into the sea.

thirdwheel gaming


running low on sleep pero go lang!








AJ Raval with Eddie Garcia

Di po kami lalaban Stella

 It was around 3pm, a low-tide time so we had to walk on a rocky seabed for around 5-10 minutes until we reached the waist-high part of the beach.

Sakit sa paa but gotta act like it doesn't hurt. Parang sa love lang


Aaaay di ka huhugot vebs!

could be us...

ama ka na accla

w/ ML Pro Player, Stella ng buhay mo


mga tyahin mo sa beach


Swam for a good hour or two before going back to the shore. Dried myself up and felt the need to take a nap. It was a good 2-ish hour of sleep. 


We had grilled liempo, and hotdogs for dinner! Also started drinking alcoholic drinks, Seagrams and Tequila ftw. 

Crossing "drinking/camping by the beach" off of my bucket list! 

Sunsets are just so fucking pretty💖


Conversations got more serious as the night deepened. We took turns in drinking while enjoying the cold sea breeze, everybody was either tipsy or loud! Chika malala, ungkatan ng love life, and just us being marites 😂😂

What a fun night! 

Stayed at the seashore, stargazing like the mf dramatic ghorl in me.

Had a shower right after, headed to our tent, and called it a night. 

Woke up around 4am coz my back was aching. Kept on rolling over to my friend's side coz apparently, we didn't flatten out the sand where our tent was pitched so it was kind of a downhill slope, and I, being in the middle suffered the most.😩



Another funny story, the only pillow I used was a pack of wet wipes. This girl was too drunk to look for her pillow. Istg I had one packed but I wasn't able to rummage through our stuff, it's already dark, and that's the only thing I managed to get my hands on. 😭


But.. can we take a moment to appreciate how beautiful this view is???

I'd love to do this again tbh.


Had a quick breakfast then left.


We dropped by Bulalo Point for lunch. 

And that's a wrap. 

It's actually a pre-birthday celebration of Juswaaaa! So thanks for tagging us along! Kami pa ata mas nag enjoy whahahaha

For everyone who is planning on going to Manuel Uy Beach,

Here are their updated rates.

Kudos to Manuel Uy for having bidets in their restroom?? Yes! The ultimate lifesaver lol 




Overall, my first camping by the beach was great. The last time I pitched a tent was when I was in Masasa and it was only for a day tour. Overnight hits different!!! You get to enjoy the night breeze. The calm of the sea, and the stars in the sky. Just expect to have sand literally everywhere!

See ya on my next blog, stranger!

xoxo
Grace


















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts