How My January Went

Am I the only one who thought January felt WAY TOO LONG?? those 31 days seemed like 2 months but y'all I'm just happy it's finally over. 😒



Starting January's dump blog with New Year! In our home, we put focus more on NY compared to Christmas. We would prepare twice the amount of dishes, light up incense, would throw out coins around the house, and set up a prosperity bow like what the usual family does on this occasion. This time though, we light up some glow sticks! Which was really fun! But my fave part of it all is the alcohol!🙆We also bought a new speaker so we can do some karaoke. My cousin and I literally stayed up all night just singing and drinking Tequila until 8am!!! we beat their last year's record of 7am lol #proudmoment Don't ask me how I'd done it. I passed out drunk. Yup, I celebrated the first day of the year hangover which is what I'd usually be every New Year hehe 😏

Moving on, I was also able to visit Antipolo with my friend, Aya. Already made a separate blog post about the whole day trip experience. Click here. But for context, we visited Antipolo Church, Cloud9, and Kaulayaw Coffee. 10/10 would love to go visit again!

On the 3rd week, my Bestie and I met for a quick catch-up. The only friend who will pull me down from being a full-blown pokpokita. I swear with her, it's just all rainbows, pink, shopee recos, and girly stuff with a lot of boy talks! We went to the newly opened, Mitsukushi Mall. Roamed around FullyBooked which is partnered with Kinokuniya bookstore! Also got drinks from The Tokyo Matcha! Will be posting a separate blog about this, so stay tuned!

Another mall trip at Glorietta with my cousin! We were both stressed from work and this is how we cope hehe. Pampered ourselves with a facial, and had a lovely meal at Sukiya! Newly found Japanese restaurant, and gosh I fell in love with the food! I'm a bit particular about trying out jap food but this one just hit it right! 😭I had their mixed bowl of Teriyaki and Gyudon, paired with a soft-boiled egg and a Matcha Latte for my drink. The serving is soo generous, I only got the regular size but wasn't able to finish it. Their Matcha Latte is nice too! not too sweet, and has a tangy flavor which I prefer. The overall rating of the food is 10/10!

To cap off our day, we visited Japan Town located at the Top of the Glo! THIS IS LITERALLY A DREAM! They copied the infamous Shibuya Crossing, and the Glico Man in Osaka! I'll take photos of the fake ones for now. Someday, I'll see them in person! *fingers crossed*

Celebrated my dear friend, Sadae's birthday! My hubadera friend! We ate at El Poco Cantina, a Mexican restau along Taft. We had their Beef Tacos, Chicken Chipotle Quesadilla, and Salted Egg Chicken Wings. The beef in their Tacos is so tender, and filling! but I was there for the Quesadilla! Been craving it for so many months now! The chicken wings, not so much. It tasted a bit bland so it's a no for me. Rating it 7/10 for the wings but both Quesadilla and Tacos are 10/10. 

Some matcha/green tea latte drinks I got this month! Will never stop trying out this drink in every cafe I go to!

Been practicing ukulele too! I'm trying to share my progress on Facebook by posting short covers. I know I still got a lot of practice to do, but so far I'm enjoying it. Bano gaming muna tayo ngayon AHAHAHA!


Most Played Songs this month:

1. Kill Bill by Sza

2. Flowers by Miley Cyrus

3. Shinunoga E-Wa by Fuji Kaze

4. T.V by Billie Eilish 

5. Here With Me by d4vd

Going into my Netflix department, I was able to watch "First Love". This Japanese series is about two people finding love again after being separated by a tragic accident. Also based on Utada Hikaru's song of the same title. I think we all know this song by heart! I remember singing this song when I was in 6th grade. ♥ 9.5/10


I also started watching Junji Ito Maniac's Series! I have yet to read the manga but I really want to get Tomie's face tattooed lol How can someone look so pretty and creepy at the same time? Anyway, I'm still at Episode 3. 


"Luckiest Girl Alive" is about a woman who experiences so much trauma from an incident that happened during high school. TW: this includes mass shootings, sexual assault and so much more. You get the picture. 
Side note: Please speak up if you are being sexually assaulted by someone. These people need to learn their lesson. We, women, are to be respected no matter what kind of clothes we wear. Indeed a sad world we are living in. 😞


February is the month every couple has been waiting lol The very month when all the hotels/motels/restaurants earn thrice their usual income. I'm not even gonna talk about it but iykyk. But do you guys have plans? As for me, I plan on going to work as usual. Ghorl Tuesday yon! 😒

More babies in November lmao


See ya!

but don't make me a Ninang pls 

xoxo

Grace







 

Comments

Popular Posts