June 2024 Blog Diary

Hi kids and silent viewers. I hope yall are doing good. July just started and I finally got some time to publish backlogs. It's crazy and as much as I wanted to stay on top of things here in my blog, life gets in the way. If May was busy, my June was much busier. Here, I'll break each one of them down for you.


June started with a bang with IU's concert here in the PH held at the Philippine Arena. Such a memorable night. Now I could proudly say, "I heard her live!!!". and it was awesome. If you are someone who pays to see an artist live, you'd know that there's a fine line between listening to studio versions and live vocals. It's also fascinating to watch the artists showcase their crafts. I personally love IU's voice and her singing style. She has a soothing and sweet voice that adds charm to her songs. More so, her certified bops are hard to sing, at least for me! 

Some snips from the concerts! Here's the full blog. 

On the second week, I was invited to La Union with my former colleagues (Ash, Chi, & Carl) turned friends and also met new ones (Kai, Eiron and Dash)! These people are for keeps and they have my back despite being the new addition to their group. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any hesitations when I got the invite since at this point of my life, I'd typically just keep my constant circle but that time I was just down to have some new company. It didn't take long for us to warm up to each other.♥ Now, I'm just waiting for another invite... guys.. pls.. don't embarrass me I've shown your faces on my blog. 

Elyu behind the scenes... Full Blog here! 

On the third week - Saturday - my chingus and I met up at Ayala Malls Manila Bay to have a quick life catch-up and plan for another trip. (gastos na naman lol) We dined at NineTea, a Taiwanese restaurant where I had my first meal of the day. It tasted bad honestly, I forgot the name but I didn't like it. 

I enjoyed the Strawberry and Peanut Butter Toast though. And of course, Taiwan is famous for its boba milk tea so we had those in different flavors. 

Overall, the service was okay, but the waiting time was long and the food was a bit pricey too like 400+ for a single rice bowl meal and it wasn't even a generous serving. I love the restaurant's interior and ambiance though, very shala so kaya mahal?

On the third week- Sunday- I met up with Chino, Sadae, and Yoyo. We ate at Maisen at Greenbelt for lunch which was so good and a value for money! This is often compared to Yabu but I think I like this better. 

We also went around some more before getting cocktails at La Latina. The interior was really nice. I like the mix of Mexican and Latina-coordinated displays and paint. Everything about this restaurant screams "estetik", even the glasses they used for our cocktails! 1M/10 will go back.

On Monday, same week - my bestie and I stayed over at Azumi Boutique Hotel in Alabang. The overlooking pool was my favorite part of them all. The amenities and facilities of the hotel were well-maintained and it wasn't crowded when we got there. We also went around Molito to have ramen and some desserts. Full Blog here!!

highlights >>>>>

In the 4th week, I met up with Ruth, Bill, and Jobs to have dinner. But first, I got myself a cocktail from Malabar, this was good considering the price, I think this is around Php180! Dibaaa? di na masama. Bill was so eager for me to try the Watermelon Sinigang at Manam in SM Aura, he wouldn't shut up about it. Well.. it was really delicious. I liked the taste, albeit a weird combination. Niceuu Bells! 

That same week - was when we celebrated my nephew's birthday at The Heritage Hotel. I'm starting to enjoy staying at hotels, they can be a little expensive, yes, but the comfort and the relaxing ambiance help me take my mind off the reality - like a quick escape.  I also can't believe that my nephew is already 2 years old. He was just the size of a potato not too long ago :( 

Full Blog here!!


Some more snapshots

- more time w/ my nephew 

- a heavily edited selfie I took from Tiktok gosh if I were THIS GORGEOUS, life would be easier lol

- A food delivery from Yoyo, lablab Jabiii! tysm♥

- watched a TBBT episode in between work



Looking back, I realize that I met all my circles of friends this month lol girl was so busy socializing I'm surprised I still have any social battery left. It was tiring though but I'm thankful to live my life like this, no matter how imperfect it may be, I get to have genuine friends who will always be excited to see me. :) Thanks, friends! 


Now let's go to my Netflix Department. 

Topping this list is the Season Finale of Young Sheldon - I was able to find a site where I could watch the whole season because it still wasn't released on Netflix. I couldn't be the only one who bawled their eyes out when George died, such a tear-jerker! But I love everything about the ending especially when Jim and Mayim made an appearance in the last episode. I liked how they stayed true to their character in the finale because that is how they are known to be in The Big Bang Theory, personality-wise. The inside jokes from TBBT too are gold! I was expecting them to at least show the kids but it's still perfect to me. What a good way to end a long-running series. They ended it when it should. 



Watched a classic film, "Pretty Woman" - because why not? being out and about taught me one thing - I go broke and hard so I might need some side hustle, thus, this job lolol am I kidding? ask yourself, friend. It was a lovely film nevertheless!


"Under Paris" is another shark film, thanks to this movie now I'll be suspicious of every body of water I see. Because who's to say sharks can't breed in a river? remember we were all just monkeys a million years ago then just evolved into the human beings that we are today. Or.... could it just be me?.... lol Okay na ba??? 


Top Songs of this Month

1.) Please, Please, Please - Sabrina Carpenter - believe me when I say this song was on repeat all throughout the bus ride back to Manila from Elyu!!

2.) L'Amour De Ma Vie - Billie Eilish (fave song off Billie's new album)

3.) Birds of a Feather - Billie Eilish  (second fave!)

4.) Good Luck, Babe - Chappell Roan (recently discovered her songs, she's the moment!)

5.) Red Wine Supernova - Chappell Roan - what a bop! 


That's pretty much sums up my June. Grabe, will you believe it? We're halfway through 2024!! So far it's been both eventful and tiring but I loved every bit of it. 

Thank you, self kase gastadora ka at ayaw mong magpa awat!


July calendar is looking a little chill, the perfect time to recuperate both my body and my wallet.

kids and silent viewers, see ya in my next blog!


xoxo
Grasya






Comments

Popular Posts