LET'S TALK ABOUT "MIDNIGHTS"

 TO ALL MY FELLOW SWIFTIES OUT THERE,
MAKE SOME NOISE!!!
Our queen is finally back! Released at midnight on October 21st, is Taylor Swift's 10th studio album, Midnights. Her last album, "Evermore" was released way back in 2020 and we got Taylor's Versions of her "Red" and "Fearless" albums in between. 
Honestly, can't wait for my best friend, Bill, and I to jam and cover the entire album lol Ultimately, I just know all songs in the album are gonna be a bomb. She always ate. Periodt! 




Actually, I'm streaming it now as I draft this. 
In our PH timezone, it was released at 12 noon and I remember snoring my ass off and then waking up at around 2:30ish pm. Started listening to the album before I could even get out of bed. I just laid there, feeling each song and their lyrics, thinking what could be my potential faves are. And tell you, it's always love at first sight. And I just wish I can listen to the album for the first time again. 

Now, let's talk about my top 5 favorites or my most streamed ones. 

Vigilante Shit - When I first heard this song, I got goosebumps all over! It's giving off "I Did Something Bad" vibes but is more relaxed yet chilling and haunting because of her vocals. It was said that Taylor wrote this song alone. At this point, if she accuses me of something, I would just straight-up apologize. I hope she makes a music video for this song.
"I don't dress for women, I don't dress for men. 
Lately, I've been dressing for revenge". 
.....
"Don't get sad, get even".


Anti-Hero - Never thought a song about insecurities and self-loathing can sound so bop lol She said this song is her most vulnerable one to date. Fighting yourself and questioning your worth. This song connects to everyone struggling on their way to self-acceptance. A.K.A. It's me, Hi!

"I have this thing where I get older, but just never wiser"
.....
"I'll stare directly at the sun, but never in the mirror"




Bejeweled - Is another catchy song about knowing your self-worth and not settling for less. For everyone who loves selflessly but doesn't let anyone dull their sparkle, this song is for all of us! I don't understand why this song is underrated!!

"Putting someone first only works when you're in their top five"
.....
"And I miss you, but I miss sparkling"


Midnight Rain - The beat and the altered voice, in the beginning, are soo addictive. Some people said this song is for Tom Hiddleston because he's a little too nice and perfect, but she has dreams and a career to pursue in the industry. The production of this song is phenomenal too! 

"He wanted it comfortable, I wanted that pain
He wanted a bride, I was making my own name"

.....

"And I never think of him
Except on midnights like this"


Glitch - The one I like amongst the 3am Midnight releases simply because this one resonates with me. Glitch low-key gives off lo-fi vibes too, just like the kind of songs I'd stream to at midnight ♥ sucks that this is only 2 minutes long! I just love how Taylor is so honest in admitting that she gets attached so fast like the human in all of us. I could relate to her on this IN SO MANY LEVELS.
"We were supposed to be just friends. 
You don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weekend"
.....
"I think there's been a glitch, 
 Five seconds later I'm fastening myself to you with a stitch"


That was hard!!!!! Perhaps this could change after a couple more streams but those are my current top 5 and now these are the ones who didn't make the cut.

Maroon - I love the entirety of the song, the lyrics, and the message are just chef's kiss. This gives off "Dress" vibes. The chorus is also my fave! She turned from red, and golden to maroon. The growth and views she has of love have matured over the years and I'm here for it!

"The mark they saw on my collarbone. The rust that grew between telephones.
The lips I used to call home. So scarlet, it was maroon"

Question...? - Well this song is actually the one that I fell in love with when I first listened to the entire album. Mainly because I can totally relate to her. Tip-toeing in a fragile, anxious, and tentative relationship. Oh and she sampled "Out of the Woods" in the beginning, and if you're a Swiftie, you know it doesn't mean nothing and true enough, it was indeed related to her relationship with Harry Styles. I ship them soo hard when they dated as I used to be a Directioner too. She's happy now with Joe though, and we support a healthy and low-key relationship!
"We had one thing going on. I swear that it was something
'Cause I don't remember who I was before you"


Sweet Nothing - Must be nice to write a song with someone you love. Ugh. Yes, she wrote this song with Joe. I swear the dude has some hidden musical genes up on his sleeve. "Sweet Nothing" is the most heartwarming song on the album. It's comforting, soft, and sweet. It's when you feel like you are home to someone. It's that kind of feeling and you know why this did not make the list? 
BECAUSE THIS BITCH CANNOT RELATE. PERIODT.
"And the voices that implore "You should be doing more"
To you I can admit. That I'm just too soft for all of it"


I can add some more but that would make the list senseless, it's already long. 
I enjoyed making this list, and I just realized that I have been a Swiftie for the longest time but never made a single blog about it. Will try to share my faves from all her albums from way back up until Midnights! 

Again, thank you for reading and if you are a non-Swifite fan, it's time to start listening to her, I swear you won't regret it. Taylor Swift is a whole music industry! and I'm just happy to be living in the same generation as her as she's the most talented singer-songwriter I know! She's lyrically, and poetically genius, you guys are missing out!

Alright, I'll quit fan-girling, end this blog, and go back to streaming for the gazillion time today.



See you on my next blog about her, let's then start with her first album,
"Taylor Swift". 



xoxo

Grace








Comments

Popular Posts