30-Day Writing Challenge (DAY 24) Something I Miss?

 Hi and welcome to Day 24!


Wanna know why I grew up fat? 

Coz my mom cooks the best food!



If there's one thing I want to eat again, it would be my mom's cooking! I love everything she makes even the simplest ones. And it didn't occur to me how good she was until I got a taste of other people's homemade meals. Hers was just on a different level. She made cooking seem so easy and smooth. 

My best friend, Bill was able to taste her cooking one time when he came over. My mom made "Dinuguan" that day and it also happened to be his fave ulam. Long story short, HE LOVED IT. For personal reasons, I don't eat other Dinuguan if mom doesn't make it. So since she passed, I haven't eaten the said dish.

I didn't learn how to cook until the pandemic happened and I do enjoy it now. It just sucks because I wasn't able to have that mother-and-daughter bonding over cooking. I wasn't able to get her recipes ughhhhhh shoulda left me with a cookbook Atunton hayst!


That's all for today!


Bye fellas


xoxo

Grasya

Comments

Popular Posts