30-DAY Writing Challenge (DAY 11) Discussing My Current Relationship

 Welcome to Day 11!

As if shoving my singleness in your faces wasn't enough, we're going to be talking about it again in this blog. 



I like to quote Emma Morley, "I'm not lonely, I'm alone" on this topic. I've recently turned 29 and to be honest, life despite all the challenges has been fulfilling. I love going out with my friends yet I enjoy my quiet alone time, like now as I'm typing this. 

Now do I miss relationships or having a significant other? I'd be lying if I said no. Of course, there are times I do. I think what I crave the most is the feeling of knowing someone out there cares and loves you. You can talk about your day, and how shitty it has been and they'll still listen. You can be as random and as crazy as you want yet you will still be loved. You can be frustrating yet they'll just shake their head and laugh at how cute you look when you're stressed. Someone who will see past your flaws and mistakes. It must be nice, isn't it? Such a simple thing but rare to find. 


Being single for almost 6 or 7 years now. I may have been a little outdated with how dating works nowadays. But I refuse to give into the norm. If I'm to fall in love, I want it to be the genuine kind. Something that today's dating scene is lacking. 


On the contrary, I'm in no hurry. I love my life now, with or without men, I'll thrive. Admittedly, I strongly think I'm better off alone lol. Who knows right? I've been single for a while now, maybe getting into a relationship will just be a burden haha! Especially when I got so used to looking after myself all these years. It's a debate in my head but I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards the singlehood!


But what do I know. I may be talking to my future husband right now and not know it. 

 



xoxo

Grasya



Comments

Popular Posts