February 2024 Blog Diary

Hey, we are finally done with the love month! How did y'all spend Valentine's Day?



I, for one, stayed at home coz what do you expect from a single woman in her late 20s to be doing on a NORMAL Wednesday. Right?


I didn't leave home until the last few weeks lol I wanna rest so bad. No amount of sleep can make me feel rested. Yes, kids, your mama has it tough.

So before the mood turns sour, here goes my February 2024 blog diary. 


Met up with a good friend of mine, Jobs at this cute local coffee shop called "Work of Love". Yall have to try this, the owner was very accommodating and hands-on with the customers. The mood and atmosphere were so homey and comforting. My friend enjoyed staying there too.

 

The next day, my former colleagues and I met up for lunch at TGIFridays and had some donuts at J.Co. It was so nice catching up with the people who work in the same industry as you.  



Last week, we had a sleepover at my Nihonjin friend lol, Yssa! Missed this girl so much! We spent the night watching a movie called, "Society of the Snow". I  heard about this story way before they made a movie but to be there and to know all the struggles and sacrifices they had to make and their undeniably strong will to survive really fascinates me. I couldn't imagine being stuck in a snowy mountain without proper shelter, and a source of food. We all cried after watching the movie, it really deserves an Oscar!




The next morning, we had lunch at Greenwich and frozen yogurt, and snuggled up in bed when we got home. When we woke up, we continued watching "Who TF Did I Marry" on Tiktok. It was a series of videos about a woman telling the world how much of a pathological liar her ex-husband was. That was one heck of a crazy ride. We were just all so invested in the story. In the evening, we headed out again, strolled around BGC, and grabbed some beverages at Krispy Kreme before going back. We watched "The Era's Tour" on Youtube while putting on facial masks! 

The night was going so fine until my Acid Reflux decided to fuck with me. Again, had a hard time breathing and my palpitations got so much worse. I only had a cup of matcha latte and a donut??? Ughh way to ruin girl's night lol had to rush home to calm me down. Thought I needed to go to the ER but gosh I was just so thankful I didn't have to. It went away eventually. But going home at 5am was such a bummerrrrr. I swear my love for matcha will kill me.

 

Onto my Netflix/Movie Department

Starting off strong with a classic, "One Day". They recently released a series of the same book on Netflix that I have yet to watch. Have it on my list but for now, I prefer the original with Anne Hathway as the lead. I remember watching it for the first time a few years back and it broke me to the core! I bet the series is as heart-wrenching as this one. I'll give you a review soon.



The second one was "Anyone But You", starring Sydney Sweeney, I would trade anything in the world to have her body I swear lol. It was a good movie like the lovers-enemy-lovers trope. Nothing out of this world.



Next up is "Barbie". I love the message of the whole movie even though it's a little too cringe for my taste, I still admire the way they portray the characters. I'm super late to this trend but I think this was overhyped. 



Also was able to squeeze in "The Lost City". It was hilarious and I enjoyed the whole film. Star-studded too! Sandra Bullock doesn't seem to age I swear! Another one was "Marry Me", starring J.Lo. It was so-so for me and a bit cringe to watch. 






Top Songs of this Month


I think that pretty much sums up my February. I'll see you on my next blog!


Bye, people of the universe and the me in the other multiverses. I hope you are happy, healthy, and getting your shit together. 


xoxo

Grasya


Comments

Popular Posts