30-Day Writing Challenge (DAY 2) My Earliest Memory

 Hi kids! Today is Day 2. 

I'll be talking about my earliest memory. Honestly, it's a bit of a blur but I remember being in a dark room with my cousins and sister being put to sleep coz it was an afternoon or siesta time. We had our taga bantay, Tita Helen and she would make sure we were all sleeping, like dapat sarado ang mata and all or else palo! Like the child in me, I'd try my best to fake my sleep even though I'd rather play with other kids outside. But then before I knew it, I was dozing off to dreamland.



 Later in the afternoon, I'd wake up to find Mom and Dad had already been home and they'd check on me and my sister. Mama would prepare the dinner and then we'd eat together at the dining table. Our youngest hasn't been born yet so it was just me and my sister. I remember it being peaceful and I could still smell the baby shampoo we used. Heck, I could even feel the calmness in the air. Oh man, now I miss my family! :(

A couple more "early childhood memories" popped into my head while typing this but I'll leave it as is it for now. Maybe in the other challenge, we can revisit them if the topic relates. 

See ya on Day 3!


xoxo

Grasya

Comments

Popular Posts