30-Day Writing Challenge (DAY 29) The Night of My 21st Birthday

 Welcome to Day 29!

Thanks to Facebook, we can always look back on our memories. 

If I'm not mistaken, I was still unemployed back then, so the night of my 21st, my college buddy and close friend, Ghielina, took me out for dinner at BGC. I think it was at Cabalen. 

Who would have thought that I'd actually moved here after a couple of years? 



 and I remember some of my college friends started their work while I was being left behind. It took me almost a year before I got my first job so I was feeling the pressure not just from my peers but also from my parents. 

so even back then, I was already feeling birthday blues...

look I even archived this post



well

at least my eyeliner is on-fleek  


and I still have Haru with me!. He is no longer with us rn but he was my baby. 





my life back then was simple. Despite the constant pressure for my pending career, everything is still fine. Compared to what I have right now. Honestly, life has been throwing rocks my way. It's just problem after problem. Obligations and responsibilities. I miss being 21. The worst problem I had was what company would hire me. Sure I had it tough back then, 

However, despite the rough life I'm living right now, I'd say I'm still grateful, I'm working in the comforts of my home. No one to please. No traffic to endure. I get paid 3x of what I used to earn on my first job. 
In some ways, it's comforting to know that I still have come a long way. May it be better or worse. 

I just want to tell the 21-year-old me. We "somehow" made it and tapped her on the shoulders. 

Everything gets better in time. 


xoxo
Grasya











Comments

Popular Posts